Author Topic: Gravesend Relatives  (Read 1104 times)

Offline marlastorie1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gravesend Relatives
« on: Tuesday 14 September 10 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi...my name is Marla and I am looking for living relatives in GRAVESEND,KENT,ENGLAND. My father was GEORGE ERNEST SMITH, son of GEORGE ALFRED SMITH and ELLEN BAKER. GEORGE and ELLEN married in SEP.1910, had three children....CONSTANCE, CHARLOTTE (LOTTI) and GEORGE. GEORGE ALFRED SMITH was killed during WW1 in 1917 and ELLEN immigrated to CANADA in 1920 with the children. ELLEN had a sister,EDITH, who lived in VICTORIA,BC and that is where ELLEN ended up.
GEORGE ALFRED SMITH lived in SOUTHFLEET and ELLEN BAKER was from GRAVESEND. ELLEN'S parents were THOMAS ALFRED BAKER and ALICE LOUISA HORLOCK. If there is anyone out there who is related to me, I would love to touch base with you and find out more info on our ancestors!
Waiting patiently for a response,
Marla Storie nee Smith

Offline Cali369

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gravesend Relatives
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 March 22 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marla,

I am one of your living relatives.  I live in Kent, although not Gravesend.  We are both descended from Thomas Smith and Mary Emery, George Alfred Smith's great grandparents.  Thomas and Mary were both from villages SE of Maidstone, Kent (Ulcombe and Frittenden respectively).  I can see you are a DNA match to my uncle, Brian Tassell on Ancestry.
Tassell - Kent (Headcorn)
Thorpe - Kent (Hadlow)
Saxby - Kent (Brenchley)
Law - Kent (Shaddoxhurst)
Milgate - Kent
Boughton - Kent (Sittingbourne/Newnham/Rodmersham)
Paget - London/Essex
Tannett - London
Thorpe - London/Kent
Watson - Cumbria