Author Topic: Edward Kenrick  (Read 2045 times)

Offline pearlsing

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Kenrick
« on: Wednesday 15 September 10 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hello
I'm looking for my ancestor Edward Kenrick.
What I know; was in Eastham, MA according to land purchase deed.  Married Elizabeth Snow, 21 dec. 1704, Harwich, MA. I have records after the marriage.
I found a Baptism in London, England, parents John and Sarah (Trott) Kenrick.  What I don't know is when he came to US and are these his parents.  If the parents are correct then I have his ancestry.  But I need help with when he immigrated to the US.  Any information related to him would be great.
Thanks in advance.
pearlsing
McIlroy, McKee, Moon

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Kenrick
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 September 10 14:33 BST (UK) »
hi pearlsing
i don,t know wether this helps or not from  boyds inhabitants of london
john kendrick
father  edward kenrick
mother susan cranmer
wife sarah trott
married 17 nov 1681
children scawen born3 june 1694
matthew born 11 feb 1696
robert 15 dec 1695
martha  married  sir william clayton

there,s no date as to when this was written so it is pos your edward is correct , as the name is already in the family , although a common one for the time
trevor

morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline pearlsing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 September 10 15:27 BST (UK) »
t mo
Thanks for the responce.  I found Edward on the England & Wales Christening Records.  I also found other brothers and sisters in the same town and parents.  I'm assuming they belong to the same family. 6 Brother and 5 sister, all from the London area with John and Sarah as parents.  I don't know what the Boyds Inhabitants of London is, please explain and where I can find it.
Thanks
pearlsing
McIlroy, McKee, Moon

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 September 10 15:55 BST (UK) »
i subscribe to originsnetwork.com  it has some of the more obscure data , but i,ve just had a quick google and apparently ancestry have it as well as other pay to view sites if you look on wickipedia it tells you about boyds as a whole , now obviously don,t know where you live but if it,s britain the librarie s have ancestry for free
does this help ?  ;D
trevor

Offline pearlsing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 September 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
I did google boyds of London and I would have to subscribe.  Since I live in Virginia, that something I don't want to do.  I found just searching the web Kenrick families in Wales and Shropshire. Both families have Edwards' born within a year or two.  What I don't have is reasonable proof that he was born in England or Wales and immigrated to New England.  The Shropshire Kenricks did immigrate to New England, which makes me think that Edward could have come from England.  Edward would be my 8th great grandfather.  Would you be willing to look in the Boyds to see if their is any mention of him being born in England and immigrated to New England?
Thanks pearlsing
McIlroy, McKee, Moon

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 September 10 21:54 BST (UK) »
hi
i might be upsetting things here but here goes i looked on the familysearch site run by the mormons and found this
edward kendreck born 1685 barnstable massachusetts died 1742/43 harwich barnstable mass
father johnathan kendrick
spouse deborah tucker 30 march 1713 harwich barnstable mass

elizabeth snow 21 dec 1704 harwich barnstable mass

ps nothing in boyds about his emigrating
trevor

Offline pearlsing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 September 10 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hi
the wives and his death are correct  .  But the Jonathan as father and born in barnstable,(is the county name for the area) is a problem.  I have searched barnstable records and there is no Jonathan or Edward listed.   I'm just wondering if his birth was never recorded along with his father.  Churches were few a far between.  The American Genealogical-Biographical Index give his birth as Ma.  I contacted them and they sent info, but it was so vage.  The doc's only mentioned Edward was in Ma. and no mention of his father.  The History of Barnstable County, Massachusetts : 1620-1637-1686-1890 only give mention of his residence. 
Register of families settled at the town of Medford, Mass. stated Edward was descendent of George Kenrick of Scituate MA.  I'm still looking into all avenues.
pearlsing
McIlroy, McKee, Moon