Author Topic: Royal Irish Regiment - Dudley HUSSEY  (Read 15110 times)

Offline sihuss

• RootsChat Member
  • Dudley Thomas Hussey (1871-1944)
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Irish Regiment - Dudley HUSSEY
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 25 September 10 14:39 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's an interesting one, isn't it.  On the birth cert of his son (of the same fantastic name) in 1914, he is down as a Coachman - a bit of a demotion, with all due respect to coachmen  ;D

It's certainly another avenue to explore

Certfificate removed.  Only a small portion of a BMD certificate may be posted for clarification purposes.

Offline johnny_doyle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Genealogy = navigating brick walls........
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 26 September 10 17:25 BST (UK) »
very odd.

do you think that Dudley De Vere Hawthorne Hussey could actually be the William Hawthorne Hussey junior from the 1911 census?
Niland/Neiland/Neilan/Nyland - Dublin
Doyle - Enniscorthy
McCullen - Coastguards from Drogheda, Co Louth
Shepley - Macclesfield and Wheelock
Clarke - Macclesfield
McDermott - Macclesfield and Dublin
Pender - Dublin
O'Brien - Dublin and Galbally

Offline sihuss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 26 September 10 17:44 BST (UK) »
It certainly is odd!  :o  ???

It's hard to find a set of circumstances that fit the facts as laid out.

I thought perhaps he could have been William's Snr's son by a previous undeclared relationship.......studying abroad to become a vet in 1901???..... and 1911 ;D  ???

It's all pretty aimless conjecture at this point  - I need to dig up some more info somewhere!!

Keep those ideas coming  ;)

Simon

Offline johnny_doyle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Genealogy = navigating brick walls........
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 26 September 10 20:26 BST (UK) »
supposing that Dudley and William junior are not the same person, is there any info re William? Can't find a medal index or service record on ancestry that might be him.
Niland/Neiland/Neilan/Nyland - Dublin
Doyle - Enniscorthy
McCullen - Coastguards from Drogheda, Co Louth
Shepley - Macclesfield and Wheelock
Clarke - Macclesfield
McDermott - Macclesfield and Dublin
Pender - Dublin
O'Brien - Dublin and Galbally

Offline sihuss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 September 10 00:05 BST (UK) »
Nope.  I thought perhaps William H Hussey of the Leinster Regt - No. 3952 might be him.  Medal card refers to Metropolitan police...

I need to visit National Archive to see what RIC records they have on
Edward Frederick Hussey
William Hawthorne Hussey
William Hawthorne Hussey Jnr. (possibly)
George F Hussey
Edwards's father-in-Law Arthur Hawthorne, and son-in-law Samuel Allely!

I only have the essentials package on a******y.  I'll need to request a look-up on what it gives on these....  ;)  I think it just gives county of birth for RIC men?

Offline husseyted

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 12:55 GMT (UK) »
SIhuss
V interested in your chasing up Dudley Hussey. My grandfather was George Forbes Hussey KIA with the Australian Army in 1917 as was his eldest son Arthur Dudley Hussey shortly after.
Apparently there was great distress in Brisbane Queensland when the Irish (home) connection lost cousin Dudley.
Arthur served on Gallipoli with distinction, fell ill and was rehabilitated on Malta spent some time training in England before going to France. I can't find any reference to his court martial, but I can only imagine that like a lot of others he was fed up and 'borrowed' a few things from the French locals. He was only in the stockade  for a short while and given the chance of returning to the front - the Australian army was in dire straights for replacements. He was killed in another stupid pommy attack!
Regards

ted Hussey Perth WA

Offline sihuss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ted,

Great to hear from you! - I've sent you a Personal Message with my email address so we can discuss Arthur Dudley and our shared heritage at length.

The subject of this particular thread, Dudley De Vere Hawthorne Hussey, still remains a bit of an enigma.  I recently picked up his Silver War Badge entry on ancestry but what happened to him or his family is still a mystery to me.  I know his son Albert Edward Hussey was KIA in WWII (see http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2033900 ) but otherwise I'm still in the dark!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
Simon

Offline sixmoore

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 19 January 15 04:41 GMT (UK) »
I have also married into the Hussey Family and until now have not been all that successful on the Irish side of things beyond Edward Fredrick HUSSEY m Elizabeth HAWTHORNE. 

I'm keen to learn more about the Irish and WA Hussey's.  Elizabeth HAWTHORNE is my Great-Great-Grandmother-in-Law.  Happy to talk more with sihuss and husseyted via private messages and emails.

To the other contributors so far, thanks for your help.  Hopefully as my task progresses, I will be able to share some of my research with you.

Offline mwylie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 15 May 15 15:41 BST (UK) »
Event Type:   Birth
Name:   Dudley De Vere H Hussey
Registration District:   Carrick-On-Shannon
Event Date:   Jan - Mar 1914
Volume Number:    3
Page Number:          54

Administration with Will Annexed of the Estate of the late William Hawthorne Hussey, Park Mount, Portadown, Co. Armagh, District Inspector Royal Irish Constabulary, who died 12 April 1919, granted at Armagh 30 August 1919 to Elizabeth Jane Hussey, the widow. Effects: £517 18s.                                                              Will of William Hawthorne Hussey, District Inspector RIC,  dated Oct 1917, Carrick-on-Shannon:  property and monies to wife Elizabeth J. Hussey nee Smith and daughter Maud Ethel Hussey in equal shares.