Author Topic: John Edwards m. Susanna Hodges 1761  (Read 3386 times)

Offline BAE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Edwards m. Susanna Hodges 1761
« on: Wednesday 15 September 10 23:51 BST (UK) »
Per parish records, John Edwards from Avenbury married Susanna Hodges  from Much Cowarne in Mar 1761.  In Oct  1765, they baptized son William in Eye.  Following that, Susanna (1763) , John (1765), Elizabeth (1768), Thomas (1770), Nicholas (1772), Anne (1774), Joseph (1775), Henry (1778), Mry (1781) and Jame (1783) were also born in Eye. John the father was my 4th great grandfather.  Anyone have information that would take me to his ancestors or that of his wife Susannah?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Edwards m. Susanna Hodges 1761
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 10 09:08 BST (UK) »
Hiya BAE...try these people, they may just have their names on file
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ukhfhs/
allan :)
for the record Bae ...I think you really need to check out the marriage...this is very unusual..
THERE ARE 2 JOHN EDWARDS MARRIAGES WITHIN 10 DAYS, and both in the villages you have mentioned

15th March 1761 in Avenbury , Herefordshire ,John Edwards to Susannah Hodges..THIS IS AN EXTRACTED CHURCH RECORD

25th March 1761 in Much Cowarne,Herefordshire, John Edwards to Susan Hodges..THIS IS AN EXTRACTED CHURCH RECORD............

I think we are looking at 2 John Edwards marriages here....can someone else have a look please ...don`t want to lead Bae astray....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 September 10 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hiya BAE...it appears you will have to check the above...I have spoken to someone who says the first record 15th March ,may be the Banns posted in the church where John Edwards lived ,ie Avenbury, and the 25th March is the actual wedding...in Much Cowarne...but you will have to confirm this...it is possible it is 2 marriages....allan ::)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline BAE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 16:33 BST (UK) »
I'm certain Allan has it right--the probability of two sets of similarly named individuals from the same two villages married in Mar in the 1700's is nil.  And thanks for the reference to the Herefordshire website--I used to be a member pre-website.
Barry