Author Topic: *COMPLETED* A.CHATFIELD. Pharmacist. "DURRINGTON PHARMACY".*COMPLETED*  (Read 1513 times)

Offline 001uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* A.CHATFIELD. Pharmacist. "DURRINGTON PHARMACY".*COMPLETED*
« on: Thursday 16 September 10 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm seeking the location of A.CHATFIELD (presumed male)  a Pharmacist / Chemist circa 1915.His shop, the "Durrington Pharmacy", was the end of a brick built terrace with slate roof and looks newly constructed. Cannot trace on 1901 & 1911 censuses nor Historical Directories site.
Can anyone help with the exact location please?
Thank you

*COMPLETED* With grateful thanks to maxD  who has confirmed beyond doubt Durrington in Wiltshire is the location
TABB of Saltash

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A.CHATFIELD. Pharmacist. "DURRINGTON PHARMACY". UK location please!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 September 10 14:07 BST (UK) »
There is a Durrington in Wiltshire, 2 miles or so north of Amesbury, just up the road from where I live and there is a pharmacy there now but can't help with the name.  Ther's also a Durrington on Sea in Sussex.
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline 001uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: A.CHATFIELD. Pharmacist. "DURRINGTON PHARMACY". UK location please!
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 10 20:02 BST (UK) »
There is a Durrington in Wiltshire, 2 miles or so north of Amesbury, just up the road from where I live and there is a pharmacy there now but can't help with the name.  Ther's also a Durrington on Sea in Sussex.

Thank maxD. The Wilts one isn't that far from me also.I have checked both the Wilts & Sussex ones in my searches but no joy....unless I'm not doing something right!
TABB of Saltash