Author Topic: completed : 1851/61 Jesse edgar ormskirk or wigan/chorley  (Read 2672 times)

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/61 Jesse edgar ormskirk or wigan/chorley
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 June 12 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
Jesse Edgar married Elizabeth Houghton in 1839 at All Saints Church Wigan. LancsBMD

Heather

Offline Nick Hill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
completed 1851/61 Jesse edgar ormskirk or wigan/chorley
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 June 12 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather

Thanks for the look up

this thread is from '05 ( I think it must have come up in Dees search)

I've since linked up with a load of edgars who have this lot pretty much sorted so will change title to completed.

cheers

Nick

Offline Deeji

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: completed : 1851/61 Jesse edgar ormskirk or wigan/chorley
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Nick, Thank you very much for this information.  I would love to have more information about the Edgars.  I'm sorry I have taken so long to reply, as I'm new to Rootschat I haven't used the required three messages yet, so I'm hoping this way works!  How long have you been researching?  As I said I'm a beginner and have been hampered finding details about my grandfather's wife, Agnes.  She used three different names in her life so it's no wonder!  When I applied for birth certificates for g/f William's children I got other Edgars who were born at a similar time and had the same names.  I've a list of Edgars from the Ormskirk area four of whom are named James and it looks like they all died about the same time.  In which case it's four generations of one family or several families with a blighted first name!  Again, many thanks for your information.  Take care, Dee

Offline Nick Hill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: completed : 1851/61 Jesse edgar ormskirk or wigan/chorley
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 June 12 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee

No problem been out of the loop for a few days my self

If you click on the green scroll under my name on the left hand side it should let you send me a personal message (PM).

I have sent you one with my email address so if you mail me or PM me I will send you all the stuff I have.

I'm afraid none of my relatives were very imaginative when it came to names ::)

The man that put together most of the inof I have sadly passed awya and the group has staled a bit since then but I am still in contact with a few from around the world(australia) some who are still edgars!!

any get in touch anyway you can and we'll continue the discussion

hope to hear from you soon

Nick