Author Topic: Swedish PR entry help please...  (Read 1427 times)

Offline stannarp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Swedish PR entry help please...
« on: Friday 17 September 10 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I'm looking into my Swedish family history at the moment, and am battling with an entry in a PR for Anders BERLIN, b 4 Jul 1768, according to an 1838-1840 household examination in Västeråker, Uppsala, Sweden.  According to this examination he was probably born in Bälinge, Uppsala.

The only entry in the PR I can find for an Anders born on (I think) this date is the one attached to this message (Genline image #:  2284.15.9200).  The name is Anders, and the birthdate looks about right, but for the life of me I cannot see the name BERLIN anywhere on this image.  I know Swedish surnames were patronymic until well into the 1860's, but this family doesn't seem to follow that tradition, unless he changed his surname later (which happened a LOT!)

I've included a shot of the page headings too...

The baptism record should contain the info outlined here:  http://www.genline.com/resources/articles_2.php, but the writing is so hard to read that I just can't see what is what!

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Patricia

Current Research:
RYAN (Waterford, Ireland), BENNETT (Queenstown, South Africa), SELLER (Australia)

Top Surnames:

PHILLIPS (Stithians, Cornwall)
STANNARD (Long Stratton, Norfolk)
CAVE (Milbourne Port, Somerset)
SELLER (Staffordshire)
ROSE (Somerset)
SAUNDERS (Idmiston, Wiltshire)
SADLER (Somerset)
MERCER (Donhead St Andrew, Wiltshire)
VINCENT (Wiltshire)
SPARGO (Stithians, Cornwall)

https://stannardroseza.blogspot.com/

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Swedish PR entry help please...
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 January 14 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patricia,

I see that you wrote this a long time ago but I thought I would have a wee look anyway.

On the same page there is another Anders with Lars Olofsson and Anna Andersdotter as parents. (I believe this to be your Anders). The Anders you have has Lars Olsson and Kerstin as parents.
According to your home page you have written Anders' father as Lars Olsson. Well, according to the previous book from 1765-1771 Anders' father is Lars Olofsson with wife Anna Andersdotter. But the book from 1772-1778 Anders' father is Lars Olsson with Anna Andersdotter...... I think the priest got his names mixed up.
I have attached the image so you can judge for yourself. There is no mention of the name Berlin in either records.

Ian