Author Topic: Offer: Derbyshire Parish records  (Read 56748 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Derbyshire Parish records
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 07:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Derek

Thanks for your reply.  I was looking for any extra information on this marriage.

James Hines & Elizabeth Tomlinson 7 June 1807 - Willington

I have looked at the Phillimore entry, but no clues.  I am hoping there may be witnesses also did either of them come from Willington. 

::)
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 10:44 BST (UK) »
I'm not very aware of areas / parishes in Derby itself, and I'm going to have to try and find a Newbold family in Derby in the 1850/60s, possibly even to 1870s, but not sure how long - father is William Newbold, children will include Joseph and Ann. Is there any easily accessible way to find parishes / churches for tracing baptisms / marriages, as I've not done well with census returns?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 18:31 BST (UK) »
nkbauer..sorry..all I have are the same dates and names that you have........and BMD's back them up.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline nkbauer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 03 May 12 02:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for checking for me, Derek. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.
Kind regards, Nan
London and Middlesex, England: Loft, Hughes, Walker, Eades, Phair, Hubbard, Bull
Ayrshire, Scotland: Currie,  Gebbie
Argyllshire, Scotland: Clark, McDonald, McCorquodale,
Lanarkshire, Scotland: Allan, Smellie
Renfrewshire, Scotland: Lang, Jack

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 May 12 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Derek

You couldn't look up a Sarah Gregory born 1788 Clowne Derbyshire, wondered if it gives details of her mother's maiden name?

:)
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Jopeg.......way back then you ony got the father's name..which as you say id john.

But I've been at this for a long time, and the trick is to look for a marriage for John Gregory..before tyhe Birth.

In this case you're in luck becasue there is only one:

JOHN GREGORY married ELIZABETH TEMPLE at Clowne 04.04.1785.

They in fact had THREE children:

SARAH and JOHN..both baptised 12.10.1788..........doesn't mean they were twins, becasue multple christenings were very common..sometimes weeks months or even years after birth

and MARY baptised 15.07.1792

anything else i can do for you..just shout.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Yorky.....you're not giving me a lot to go on..but here's my best shot from parish records...I'll look at censuses later.....

In Derby itself i can only find ANNE NEWBOLD baptised St. Peters29.08.1847 daughter of William and Maria..... in wider Derbyshire there are a couple of candidates for Joseph;-

At Ticknall born 21.03.1852 baptised 25.04.1852 son of William and Harriett
At Newhall baptised 03.0.1858 son of William and Emma...

there is another ANNE baptised Swarkestone derbys..01.05.1840..daughter of William and Elizabeth.

None of these are very far from derby.

I'll see if i can get any clues that you've missed on the censuses.

If you have any other information..please let me know.

Derek.

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hello again Yorky...........if you look at the 1841 Census for JOSEPH NEWBOLD born 182 Etwall..you will find he is on of seven children of WILLIAM and ELIZABETH..including ANN born 1840.

I have re-checked my records and find that Joseph and Ann were both born at Etwall..JOHN 18.03.1832 and Anne 01.05.1840.

One sources says Swarkestone for Ann..but Swarkestone and etwall are virtually the same place..and they both have the same parents.

I have studied the censuses in depth and this is the only William Newbold family that includes both Joseph and Ann.
I believ that Joseph went on to marry a FANNY..............

Derek.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 02 June 12 21:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you again, I can see I'm going to have to get a map of old Derby area, and keep on hunting around. It's funny, I'd originally assumed the Newbolds had Yorkshire origin, then i was corrected, and directed to Derby, so I'm in a wholly different territory now I've got to hunt in Derby area - and it does make such a difference.( Mind you, I'm still worried about Ann's apparent age, as I said)
          But I did want to thank you here for your efforts, time and interest. I do appreciate it.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)