Author Topic: McCann-Felix and Ann McCann of Enniskillen and descendants  (Read 11827 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McCann-Felix and Ann McCann of Enniskillen and descendants
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 February 13 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Barry  :)

New members usually need 3 posts to send and received PMs (Personal Messages) so if you make 1 more post here you'll be able to make contact offline with Shirley.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bmccann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 February 13 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey, am still learning  :)

Offline sstrickland47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 February 13 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Barry,
If I figure correctly, we are 2nd cousins. I've been pursuing this McCann-Maguire-Hodges connection for a few years along with my first cousin, Sylvia (also granddaughter of Maggie McCann.) We know very little about the McCann family in Ireland other than what we have been able to learn through research. Maggie died in 1922 giving birth to her 4th son. My father Patrick was only 2 at the time, so the boys (3 sons- Louis, Samuel, & Patrick) did not know a great deal about all of the Irish relatives. There were a couple of pictures of John (called Jack) among the family mementoes. So he apparently stayed in contact with my grandfather and grandmother, at least for a while. My grandfather was born in Ireland as well and must have met Maggie there. Later paid for her passage to US, where they were married soon after. His mother and sister had migrated to US (New Orleans) in late 1890's and 1906 respectively. We do have a photo of Maggie taken before 1922. And we would very much like to have copies of pictures you have. I had heard Hugh's name and think that my uncle Sammy may have visited him in the UK during the Second World War. Can you scan these pictures an email them? Or can we pay for copies? You have already told me much more than we knew about the McCann family. We know that Maggie's last address before migrating to US was in Ballsbridge (Dublin) where we assume she may have been working as a domestic.Earlier she worked as a domestic and lived in the household of a Rev. Wilson, a Methodist minister in Enniskillen. My grandfather went to sea at the age of 13 and made his living in the maritime industry until Maggie's death left him with the 3 little boys between the ages of 2-5.If you will let me know how to contact you outside  of Rootschat, perhps, we can share more. I will be visiting Sylvia in a couple of weeks are will be sharing our newfound info. Thanks,
Shirley
Enniskillen, Cork, Cavan, Dublin ; families of Hodges, Carroll, Nevin, McCann; Jack, Felix, Hugh, & Lizzie McCann of Enniskillen

Offline zmccann

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 February 19 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am a descendant of Hugh McCann born 13 Oct 1896.  He married a Dorothy Haase and had three children with her.  I know I am very late to this thread but I would love any info/pictures anyone has from this side of the family

Z

Offline Telebyte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 November 23 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of Bridget McCann, born July 7, 1879.   Bridget was the daughter of Felix McCann  and Ann Maguire.  I see posts here from the descendants of Bridget’s siblings Margaret Ann (Maggie), Felix and Hugh.    I am interested in learning more about the family.    Are any of you still active on rootschat.com?
Thanks.
Michael B

Offline Telebyte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 November 23 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Seeking descendants of the children of Felix and Ann McCann of the 1901 Irish census in Enniskillen- Silverhill Townland.  Children were Felix, John "Jack", Mary Jane, Maggie, Lizzie, and Hugh. I am a descendant of Maggie and would like to know our Irish cousins. Maggie married Samuel Hodges in the United States in 1916, after immigrating earlier that year. Would also like to know the parents of Felix McCann and his wife Ann.

Hello Shirley,

I am a descendant of Bridget McCann, born July 7, 1879.   Bridget was the daughter of Felix McCann and Ann Maguire.   I believe Bridget was Maggie McCann’s older sister.   Bridget McCann married Andrew Lunney on May 2, 1900, therefore was not included on the 1901 census with Felix and Ann McCann. 

I would like to learn more about the family.    It is my understanding, Felix McCann and Ann Maguire had 10 children.  I can identify Bridget, John, Felix Jr., Mary Jane, Maggie, Lizzie and Hugh. Need to figure out the 3 remaining children.

Michael B