Author Topic: Bradshaw  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bradshaw
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 January 11 01:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue and Trish,

Very much appreciated!!  4 marriages must have been very unusual for the times, or for any times for that matter.  She is the only one in my family tree so far that has married so many times.  Many thanks and Happy New Year to you both.

From Mozzie :)
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline Kim1980

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 January 11 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Henry Gunnell, her third husband was my 3x great grandfather, who died about 4 months after they married!

I've only just started looking into this part of my family, so don't really have any info to add, but Henry was an engine driver in the docks.

Kim :)
Lavender (Ruislip, Mitcham), Abrehart (Edmonton, Mitcham), Smith (Edmonton, Enfield, Mitcham), Flook & Monks (Lambeth, Bristol), Radlett (Stepney, Southwark, Somerset), Bray (Rotherhithe), Chambers (Oaksey, Sapperton), Davis (Oaksey, Kemble)

Offline Kim1980

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 January 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Whoops, he wasn't an engine driver, that was his son, James! Sorry!
Lavender (Ruislip, Mitcham), Abrehart (Edmonton, Mitcham), Smith (Edmonton, Enfield, Mitcham), Flook & Monks (Lambeth, Bristol), Radlett (Stepney, Southwark, Somerset), Bray (Rotherhithe), Chambers (Oaksey, Sapperton), Davis (Oaksey, Kemble)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 09 January 11 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim,

Great to hear from you - I'd love to know more about Henry Gunnell.  Do you know how many children he had when he married my 4 x great grandmother Thomasina nee Foat?  Do you know what he died of or what he did for a living? 

Regards from Mozzie  :) 
Poolman, Polden, Scratchley (Wiltshire/Somerset): Hutchens, Roscrow, Mann (Cornwall/St.Buryan): Bradshaw, Squires, Griffen, Griffin (Surrey/Battersea): Brown, Hedgley (Essex/Southend).  Also Bradshaw, Roscrow and Hutchens in Australia.

Offline Kim1980

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 09 January 11 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mozzie

I haven't got much on him yet.

He was born in 1811, son of George Gunnell. I believe his birth place was Lambeth, London. He was married on 3rd May 1831 to Sarah Frances Evans, in St Mary's Lambeth. They had three children (that I have found so far), James John, Mary Ann and Sarah Frances (my ancestor). On the baptism records for the children, he is recorded as a coal porter.

Sarah Frances Evans died in 1847 (buried 28th November 1847 in St Mary's Lambeth) and Henry remarried, Thomasina in May 1848. Both are recorded as widowed. Henry's occupation is 'labourer' on the record. Both are noted as living at South Ville Lambeth (off Wandsworth Road).

I haven't found any children for Thomasina and Henry and although it is possible they did have one, he would never have met the child as he had died by the July. He was buried on 9th July 1848 at St Mary's Lambeth.

I really feel for Thomasina though, outliving 4 husbands!

Hope that helps!

Kim  :)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 January 11 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim,

Thanks for that - Thomasine had one child with her second husband Thomas Simmonds.  He was William Simmonds and he eventually ended up in Queensland Australia, near Ipswich.  William's half nephew James Bradshaw (son of Mary Griffin) went to Australia a few years later (supposed to have jumped ship) and was a miner at Broken Hill.  I now see that he already had family in Australia, thanks to the help I've received from Rootschat members Trish and Sue on this family line.  I look forward to hearing from you again, especially if any more children pop up from Thomasine and Henry's short union.  Kind regards from Mozzie. :)

Offline Mozzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I'm still on the Bradshaw trail and was wandering if anyone could tell me where I can find information on Sarah Bradshaw, wife of John Bradshaw.  How can I find out what her maiden name was.  Sarah and John Bradshaw were the parents of Edward born 1832 (1841 census) HO1O7/1O57 Folio 38.  How would I go about finding a birth certificate for John or a marriage certificate for Sarah and John?  I have recently found out that there could be a Jamaican connection there somewhere.
From Mozzie