Author Topic: Spooky Encounter  (Read 964 times)

Offline mirandapasoc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Spooky Encounter
« on: Wednesday 22 September 10 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone I am new to thus site and I was wanting to share an encoter that happend to me on the 21st of Septemebr wan was intrested to see if anyone else had the same expriance. I go and visit my Boyfirend who lives in neath most evenings and I live in Ewenny and I was taking my usual short cut past merytha Mawr gate house over the Dipping brigde. As I was about to drive over the dipping Bridge I had smelt the strongest smell of pure Tabbacco. I am a none smoker and I am the only one who had been in the car as I had been In London the weekend befor and had left my car at home as I got the train.  it was so close as if I had someone sat in ther passanger seat smoking a pipe. it was so odd as soon as I got to ewenny the smell was gone and the next morning I had a look and my car smelt normal.

but the next day I went in to work and my Work Collige told me that the road is called new inn way or road and there used to be an Inn there where coachs would stop to rest ad that ti was owned by a sea captin who used to smuggle tobbaco and he used to murder some one his partons very very strange. So I was wondering if anyone had any option on what might have happend or if anyone esle has exprianced the same thing.

thanks for reading

Miranda

Offline Mags23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky Encounter
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 September 10 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hi, There is a book based on this story called The Inn of Fear by Alun Morgan, I think it's available on Amazon or try ebay, it's a good read, if you google New Inn + Merthyr Mawr there are a few hits about the story.
Vaulter/Valter/Vauter/Vater - Somerset (Exmoor area)
Quartley, Berry, Bond, Feiven, Fevan, Pasmore, Pugsley, Pool