Author Topic: Margaret ROSEMAN - Qld  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret ROSEMAN - Qld
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 September 10 07:46 BST (UK) »

Qld State Electoral Roll 1910

Electoral District of Camboya
Pittsworth Division

Jeanie Roseman   Cecil Plains     Home Duties
Nicholas Roseman Cecil Plains    Labourer

Gerry

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 September 10 07:52 BST (UK) »
Qld State Electoral Roll 1910

Electoral District of Camboya
Pittsworth Division

Jeanie Roseman   Cecil Plains     Home Duties
Nicholas Roseman Cecil Plains    Labourer

Gerry

Hi Gerry,
This pair, I suspect, would be the couple I have listed in relpy #10 (of the wonderful letter :'()

They were in Townsville in 1915 and by his enlistment he was a Carpenter.

Strangely, this man was listed as missing in a newspaper item 27/1/1916, but his actual records don't quite reflect this ???

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 September 10 15:25 BST (UK) »

Michelle,

You are correct about Cunamulla and the Lady Bowen Hospital for Margaret.

Private Joseph Cesil Roseman in 1916 Will referred to sister Margaret Roseman c/- Lady Bowen Hospital Wickham Terrace Brisbane Queensland.

I don't think this meant Nursing Sister but sibling sister!

In a letter sent by Margaret Roseman to the Army Base Records on Nov 22nd 1916 she nominates her address as c/- Lady Bowen Hospital Wickham Terrace Brisbane.

In a letter once again sent to the Army Base Records in July 1917 Margaret Roseman indicates that her address is C/- Mrs Johnson Dynevor Downs via Cunnamulla.  This suggests to me that Margaret may have been a house keeper or nanny maybe.

gerry

Offline SkellyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:15 BST (UK) »
Firstly a HUGE thank u to all for the work u have done for me!!! ;D ;D ;D

Gerry - not sure whether Margaret had a middle name.  None listed on my gmothers birth cert.  I haven't found any Thomas or George in connection with my ROSEMAN's.

Sue - I agree, very young mum.  Both babies "out of wedlock".  I think she was a bit 'naughty' this girl!!!  I can't find documents on your link?? Can u give the children's names listed and I will cross reference with my info?

Jenn - Yes, her brother Hector Donald

Debra - couldn't find Jane's (Morgan) death cert.  Can u give me the link to the immigration record please?   Margaret's adoptive father's name is John Alexander DRYSDALE 1866-1934.

Offline SkellyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:23 BST (UK) »
I am extrememly interested in finding out about Margaret (and her origins) as the whole adoption seems to have been one of those 'skeletons in the closet'!!  My father contacted a family member who refused to talk about it and told him to let the issue die. 

The mystery deepens in that the adoptive family took on Monica (my gmother) 18 years after the birth of their last child.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me???  Why take on a baby at this time??

Also, the adoptive family ran guest houses and pubs, so given Margaret's work history, I wonder if she worked for them at some stage.

Offline SkellyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:28 BST (UK) »
I have a theory that perhaps Monica is actually the biological daughter of either the adoptive father or his 2 oldest sons, who were 21 and 19 at the time of the birth.  Any comments???

Could someone let me know Qld electoral roll details for John Alexander DRYSDALE and wife Annie (PERRY) for c1909???

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Here is the link to the Queensland immigration indexes http://www.archives.qld.gov.au/research/index/immigration.asp  There are also "Other Indexes" on this site (left side menu).  The Queensland BDM site isn't working for me at the moment, but I am sure that Jane's death comes up under the name Jane ROSEMAN.  Just put in the surname ROSEMAN and all the deaths will come up.

As I said in an earlier post a Michael and Thomas ROSEMAN arrived in a different year to Nicholas, and I guess only research will tell if they were related in any way or even came from the same place.

I don't know anything about the adoption process and whether birth records were altered after the adoption, but I did notice that Monica's birth was registered under both surnames - ROSEMAN and DRYSDALE.  It may be the same as the notations made on marriage certs after a divorce.

Debra   :)

Offline SkellyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:41 BST (UK) »
Thanx Debra!!!

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 25 September 10 12:01 BST (UK) »

Not c1909 but I have 1922 and 1934 ER info for John Alexander Drysdale do you want this.

Gerry