Author Topic: Henry Scott/ Wilhemina Lunn- Roberton/ Cavers  (Read 8704 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Scott/ Wilhemina Lunn- Roberton/ Cavers
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 November 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Possible BAPTISM for Henry

30/04/1801 SCOTT HENRY son of THOMAS SCOTT and MARION TOD at  YARROW /SELKIRK

Offline danielscott1977

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 November 11 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Henry Scott was born in 1864 to Thomas Scott moved to the united states and was married to Isabelle J Taylor in 1886 in Hand County south Dakota, they had 6 children Jesse,Morris, Vera,Marian, and Douglas....in one of the documents with details of Henry's birth behind Milsington there is a name or something  it is Nauricj ....does this have any significance to anything i have done a Google search as broad and wide as I can go and nothing has turned up I am hoping this rings a bell or something with someone on here .....
Scott's from Milsington

Offline epfedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Not sure which word you are querying.  I've had a look at Henrys birth certificate - transcription is

Where & when born: 23.4.1864 5h 0m am Milsington
Parents: Henry Scott, farmer Marion Scott ms Scott, married 16.12.1854, Newcastleton
Signature: Henry Scott, father
Where & When registered: 10.5.1864 at Roberton Schoolhouse Tho. Anderson, Registrar

Thomas's handwritten word "father" is not clear.  Compare it with his handwriting when he registers his other children

Elma

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Will the transcribed "Nauricj" not be a poorly written Hawick.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline tartanvamp76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 May 19 23:53 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm descended from Beatrix/Beatrice Scott/Thomson' daughter Marion Who was my 2nd great grandmother who my grandmother was named after, we cant get any further back than Beatrice as we have two different sets of parents. any help would be most appreciated
Many thanks
Pauline

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 May 19 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm descended from Beatrix/Beatrice Scott/Thomson' daughter Marion Who was my 2nd great grandmother who my grandmother was named after, we cant get any further back than Beatrice as we have two different sets of parents. any help would be most appreciated
I see that Beatrice Scott, other surname Thomson, died in Kirkton, Roxburgh in 1878 aged 53.

If you think that she is yours, go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, invest in a few credits at modest cost, and use some of them to download the image of her death certificate, which should tell you the names of her parents.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rebeccareardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Scott & Marion Todd of Yarrow
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 February 20 07:12 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my Ancestors. I am in Australia and have traced back to:

Henry Braefoot Scott[/b] (b1836) m Elizabeth Thomas (b1850 Australia)

Thomas Scott (b1805 Yarrow) m Elizabeth Armstrong (b1805 Cavers)[/b][/b] and had Children Thomas (b1831), William (b1833), John (b1834), Henry Braefoot (b1836), Elizabeth (b1938), Elizabeth (b1840), Mary (b1843), Jessie (b1844) and James (b1846)

thomas Scott (b1769 Yarrow) m Marion Tod (b1768 Ettrick) and had children Jean (b1793), Elizabeth (b1795), Alison (b1797), Agnes (b1799), Henry (b1801), Margaret (b1803), Thomas (b1805), Michail (b1807), John (b1809) and James (b1812)

I am unsure on Thomas Scott and MArion Todd - who their parents and ancestors are. I have one site which takes them back to Sir Walter Scott but there is no backup for this. Can anyone help?

Bec

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.