Author Topic: census look-up please! - Wardle  (Read 6542 times)

Offline vixxie la la

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: census look-up please! - Wardle
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Angi

yes they did have a lot of children, and my grandmother Phyllis Louisa was the youngest born in 1916, I practically grew up with my granny as my mum was a single parent so I always went to my grannies after school. She was a lovely lovely lady, very sweet and full of fun, who really made sure I had a great childhood.

Unfortunately I am not sure how they met, but on their marriage cert it states that Donald is working a a coal miner in Eythorne (Nr Dover, kent) and that Phyllis was living a street away in the same village, as they both came from coal mining families I am wondering if both families had moved down to Dover as the pay in the mines there was good. Like you both my grandmother and mother are dead now, so there is no-one left to ask and family was never discussed when I was growing up, I knew we had links to Lichfield, staffs, and that my granny was born in Mansfield but nothing more and I dont remember meeting any of my great grandparents as I was so little.

What my mother did leave me though was a box of photos and from that I have been able to establish photos of John Wardle and Hannah Fryer, if you send me your email address I will happily send you a copy of them. I also have a copy of John and Hannah's marriage cert I could send. Do you have a photo of Wesley I could add to my tree?

I recently applied for John's birth cert (born 9 Jan 1879 in oakengates) but they have no record of his birth unusually! They were able to give me a copy of his father's (James) birth cert and John's brother James William born 1880 but not one for John. The random spelling of Wardle also doesnt help!

Like you say it is a really expensive hobby, I ask for membership for ancestry.co.uk for my birthday each year and nothing else. lol

Unfortunately I also dont get the time to work on the tree as often asI would like working full time and 3 kids, but when I do I get very engrosed and I dont know where the time goes!

My email is (*)

Look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Vicky

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php