Author Topic: William Perry died 1807 Soho, Westminister, Middlesex  (Read 1533 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Perry died 1807 Soho, Westminister, Middlesex
« on: Friday 24 September 10 04:22 BST (UK) »

William Perry died 1807 Soho, Westminister, Middlesex

His will was proved 19 Jan 1807  by Lydia Perry his wife.

Can anyone locate a burial record of William Perry? Or grave transcription? I am looking for something which gives his age.

Thank you

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Perry died 1807 Soho, Westminister, Middlesex
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

Westminster Archives have a guide to the monumental inscriptions for the churchyards they hold for the Westminster area

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/services/libraries/archives/family-history/information-sheets-06-to-10/

including St Anne's Soho. They will also hold the parish registers for that church.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 September 10 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda

Thanks for the link, seems there is a pamphlet of MI for St Anne's they mention. I will have to try to get a hold of one copy. I tried a search for William Perry burial but I could not find him.

I will keep looking

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 September 10 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Westminster Archives holds the parish registers for St Ann's Soho and surrounding Westminster parishes. Westminster Archives are not involved in the digitalisation of London parish registers involving the London Metropolitan Archives, the Guildhall Library and Ancestry, though where there are Bishops Transcripts (the yearly copies of the registers sent to the Bishop) the LMA hold them and they have appeared online on Ancestry. Copies of course are subject to errors and do not always contain the full details found in registers and were not always made in the first place, so BTs for all years do not survive. At present Ancestry only have burial records starting in 1813 though they obviously have plans to put earlier records online.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk