Author Topic: Gavins from mullingar and rochfortbridge  (Read 4823 times)

Offline b1gobby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gavins from mullingar and rochfortbridge
« on: Friday 24 September 10 09:37 BST (UK) »
as above, my grandads name was mallen gavin, large family, he first married susie or susan, then maried a margaret, he had sons christopher, john bernard and more boys and daughters susie, josie and rosie and more girls, bernard was my father, been looking years so if anyone knows them, or of them any info would be great, thanx

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gavins from mullingar and rochfortbridge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 September 10 09:59 BST (UK) »
Are you sure of your grandfather's first name and that he was born and married in Ireland? there are no records in civil registration index (goes up to 1958) for any Mallen Gavin.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline b1gobby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 September 10 15:57 BST (UK) »
as above, my grandads name was mallen gavin, large family, he first married susie or susan, then maried a margaret, he had sons christopher, john bernard and more boys and daughters susie, josie and rosie and more girls, bernard was my father, been looking years so if anyone knows them, or of them any info would be great, thanx
[/quote

can anyone help me, thankyou]

Offline b1gobby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 September 10 16:03 BST (UK) »
thanx for replying,
im not sure if they were born or married there, my father bernard definately lived there and my grandad mallin (not sure of spelling) did live in 17 st finians terrace, next to the barracks sometime between the fortys fifties and sixties, and he definately still has unless deceased 2 sisters still in mullingar called rosie and josie, thankyou for your help

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 September 10 10:45 BST (UK) »
There is a possiblility that some people listed here could still be alive. Therefore, recent family details should be sent by PM rather than posted on this thread (both parties need 3 posts to do so).

Meanwhile, b1gobby, it might be a good idea to get your father's birth certificate to verify the names of both his parents and work from there. See Introduction to Irish Records-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,442233.0.html
There are 12 Gavins listed in Mullingar* D.E.D. in 1911 census but none named Mallen (or anything close. However, there are 3 Malachy Gavins in Co. Westmeath and one of them might be your grandfather.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!