Author Topic: Henry Hibberd's Family - Islington  (Read 1814 times)

Offline dawlc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Hibberd's Family - Islington
« on: Friday 24 September 10 15:32 BST (UK) »
I have a Henry Hibberd in my tree born 18/04/1831 in Somers Town, London.  His family originate from Wiltshire and he marries an Ellen Keel in Salisbury in 1853.  They have a very large family some born in Salisbury and some in Shoreditch when he and his wife move from Wiltshire to London.  Though I have some information of their time in Salisbury it his childrens' later lives in London that interest me.  Many seem to have ended up living in and around Islington with their families from the late 1880s onwards.  Living children were:-
Charles James b c1854 in Salisbury.
Walter b c1856 in Salisbury married a Georgina Hannah Hewitt in 1883 in Islington.
Frank b c1857 in Salisbury - he ends up in the print trade.
Ann Sophia b 15 Feb 1861 in or around Old Street, London - she may have died young.
Frederick William b c1865 in or around Old Street, London - he is my direct relative so I know more about him.
Thomas b c1867 in or around Old Street, London married a Eliza Robinson in 1891 in Brentford but married again to Eliza's sister Lucy later on.
John b c1869 in Shoreditch, London married a Marion Long in 1892.
Elizabeth A born c1876 in Shoredtich, London.
Then another son who I have as only 'H' from the 1901 Census born in Hoxton c 1879.
Many names I appreciate but some may be familiar to other Roots members.
Thanks - dawlc

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Hibberd's Family - Islington
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 September 10 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

Couple of small items ....

This could be Henry's death reg (via FBMD)
Jun 1886   age    54    Shoreditch    1c   73    

Interesting thing is that "H" although listed as 21 in 1901 and living with Ellen,
is NOT with Ellen in 1881 nor 1891.
Is he a grandson?

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 September 10 22:05 BST (UK) »
On 1881 census there is also another daughter Ellen J aged 21.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawlc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 September 10 18:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the pieces of info... yes I believe that is Henry's death in 1886 and I did know of an Ellen.  However, interesting point re 'H' as I had never thought about his absence on the 1881 and 1891 Censuses with this particular family.  I suppose he could easily be a grandson but I do know the names of Henry's grandchildren and there is not a 'H' amongst them.  It would be interesting to see if he appears in full name on the 1911 Census though he wouldn't be with his mother (Ellen) as I think she dies in 1903. 

I think a peek at the 1911 Census would take me further forward with all of Henry's and Ellen's children but until it becomes part of a package on hopefully Ancestry I will have to remain in the dark!

Deborah