Author Topic: Look up please  (Read 3698 times)

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Look up please
« on: Thursday 07 April 05 12:54 BST (UK) »
Please is it possible for me to have a look up in Scranton Pennsylvania for a Zepheniah Jacques as i know that he was there in 1890-2 in the Directorys.   I`m at a dead end with him.  Very much appreciated.  Thank you gladys1.

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 May 05 01:55 BST (UK) »
Do you when and where he was born?  Was he married and any children? The 1890 census does not exist so I will have to look in 1880 or 1900.  He might have moved from PA by that time.

This will help to narrow down the search.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 May 05 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi nutkin thank you for your reply which i have Zepheniah and his wife Eleanor and family in the 1881 census in northumberland england also the 1871/61 and 51.  Also all the information on his siblings except one, where he went i don`t know.  That was the last time i saw Zepheniah in 1881 census born doncaster yorkshire england then found him in scranton directorys, his age would be about 79 in 1900, Eleanor `s age would be about 76 if they were still living and then could have moved.   May be they went to live there wth having relations there, if there are any Jacque familys in the 1900 census would you send them to me please. I appreciate your help very much. gladys1

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 May 05 01:21 BST (UK) »
I could not find any matches to your family. I would suggest that they had died by then.  There are over 50 Jacques in Pennsylvania alone. Too many to list.  Do you have anyone specific you are looking for that I can look up?
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 May 05 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi nutkin thank you for your reply whch i have just seen sorry about that.  If you can find a Robert Jacques born abt 1850 England in the 1880 census with wife Margaret i would appreciate that very much. Thank you very much.  gladys1

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 May 05 23:55 BST (UK) »
I can find nothing that matches Robert in the 1880 census.  Are there other common ways to spell the last name?  Transcriber errors abound in the census.

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 May 05 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi nutkin thank you for your reply.  Jaques, Jakes, Jack those are what i have had on the other census.   Would you please look in the 1900 census for a William Heron, Herron, Herring, born abt 1851 wife Jane born about 1851.  Ralph born about 1875,  i appreciate your help very much.    Thank you.  gladys1

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 May 05 01:14 BST (UK) »
I found the following in 1900, Mountain, Kittitas County, Washington State, ED29, page 3b

William Heron, born July 1848, married 29 years, immigrated 1881, naturalized, farmer, and born in England

Jane,wife, born January 1850, England, 14 kids, 9 survived, immigrated 1881
William, son, born January 1881, England, coal miner
Lizzie, daughter, born Han. 1886, Illinois
Thomas, son, born June 1888, Illinois
Alice, daughter, born June 1890, Washington
Marie, daughter, born January 1895, Washington

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 06 May 05 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi nutkin yippee that seems to be my family as i can take the names of William born 1881 Alice born 1890 Thomas born 1888 also Lizzie only it would be nice to know the names of the kids that died as to see if William & Jane had an Elsdon born there. How do i go about finding that out.   Could you please look for these two people as they have disappeared as well.    John Heron born about 1859  England.
Ralph Heron born about 1886 Lismore Australia.    I do hope that you don`t mind as you have been a good help to me which i appreciate very much.   Thank you.  gladys1