Author Topic: williams from hackney  (Read 2552 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
williams from hackney
« on: Monday 27 September 10 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi , I have started looking for my WILLIAMS family from hackney . I have them in the 1911 census Joseph,1865 died 1922 married Susannah probert born in westborn park in 1874 . their children are William (granddad )1901 , Edward 1903 , Joseph 1904 Fredrick 1905 harry 1906 Thomas 1908 Beatrice 1910 .. in order their nicknames were bunny,pudden ,pimple ,fiddle,lal,weasel and daly . ??? ???
 I haven't a lot on this family and would love to find them .. they married into Jennings and cubit families and move to hackney wick . Osborne road I believe .. hope there is someone out there who can tell me more  thanks .
 Jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: williams from hackney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 10 10:46 BST (UK) »
Jan, if you're wanting to trace descendants of this family, I've found the "Trying to Find" board on the Community Section of Genes Reunited quite useful  :)
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 September 10 13:43 BST (UK) »
Do you want to go backwards or forward or both?

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 September 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
hi thank you both . i will give Genes Reunited a try and to with a little giggle to the backwards or forwards or both comment .. yes please both  ;D.  I would love to meet people that are connected forward ... they would be my cousins as I believe all names mentioned have passed but I would love to find the history concerning the family and the area . i have a few dates and names but very little social history . thank you .
 Jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 21:33 BST (UK) »
Glad I made you smile. ;D
Joseph Henry Williams married a Susannah Probett also a second entry for Susannah Prodett? Hackney Mar qtr 1900

1901 census 12 Sedgewick Street Hackney
Joseph H Williams 35 General Lab born Hackney
Susannah 26 Kilburn
William 2 months born Hackney

William Albert Henry Williams bapt 24/3/1901 St.Luke Hackney address 12 Sedgewick Street

Edward Albert bapt. 23/7/1902 All Souls Clapton Park occ. Carman address 15 Oswald Street

Joseph Henry born 17/9/03 Bapt. 16/10/1903 St.Augustine Sth.Hackney address 3 Dagmar Cottages

Jennifer

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 21:57 BST (UK) »
Frederick Williams born 13/3/1905 bapt. 19/5/1905 St.Luke Hackney occ. Lab address 71 Nisbet Street

Harry George Williams bapt. 21/8/1906 St.Augustine South Hackney occ. Labourer address 2 Mabley Street

Thomas could not find baptism BDM shows Sept qtr 1908 Hackney ?

Beatrice could not find possible Beatrice A Mar qtr 1911?

I know all these addresses well as I was born in Hackney, I believe  at that time Nisbet Street was a very tough area and the police would only go down there in two's. It was knocked down and there is still a now aging council flats estate there called Nisbet House.

I would think Dagmar Cottages would have been in Dagmar Road which is off Cassland Road. On the corner was a pub called the Dagmar Arms. This would tie in with Hackney Wick.

Jennifer

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 22:17 BST (UK) »
thank you Jennifer , I have a readout here of the 1911 census but it did not give the street name . it had Beatrice aged 4 months so that in all likelihood here . poor grandma . kids nearly every year . i stupidly never really concentrated on mums family and now she has gone i have decided to look . very dumb  because these were all her uncles and mum didn't leave hackney wick until 1950.. she went to school at Kingsbury grammar until she was 14 then had to go to work .the family were very short with very large noses .. all of them looking the  same . mum thought they were welsh but i haven't found that or that her mum was Jewish . i have found that my Nana Lillian ada Williams nee  Jennings  was of Spanish descent .. little did they know Spanish nobility as i have proved . they went from bermondsey to hackney after the war .. mum used to tell me all about the 'cut' and walking to Epping forest ... i haven't been to hackney i don't think tho i went to kensal green cemetery .. is that near there e. mum went back to her old house in 1991 and the neighbour came out and exclaimed '' Mollie Williams is that you ?''
thanks for looking for me .. i will keep a record . Jan

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 22:31 BST (UK) »
There is a possible Williams family in 1871 census 35 Palace Road Sth.Hackney rg10/332/9 Joseph was 6 with siblings, the parents were a William Williams and an Ann Williams, she was born Ireland in 1881 it says she was born Dublin? right age and area but without their marriage certificate for his father's name it is only a guess.

Jennifer

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 11:37 BST (UK) »
hi thank you both . i will give Genes Reunited a try and to with a little giggle to the backwards or forwards or both comment .. yes please both  ;D.  I would love to meet people that are connected forward ... they would be my cousins as I believe all names mentioned have passed but I would love to find the history concerning the family and the area . i have a few dates and names but very little social history . thank you .
 Jan

Of course, the further you go back, the more people you can find in the present.  Only last week I made contact with a relative who was linked to me via my g.g. grandmother, who was born in 1807  :)

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk