Author Topic: Help with the Sewell family  (Read 18585 times)

Offline Betty.W

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the Sewell family
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 04 April 13 17:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information regarding the school. I haven't got exact birth dates for all of them, but, I do have for my grandmother Harriet in fact I have a photo copy of her original birth certificate which shows her birth as being 29th March 1889. This family obviously couldn't even get their children's birthdays right!!!

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 04 April 13 17:06 BST (UK) »
This family obviously couldn't even get their children's birthdays right!!!

Oh dear  :P They didn't make it easy for you, did they!
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 11:32 BST (UK) »
Betty my name is Lynne Murray and  think I may be able to help if the family is the same.

William sewell - a bookseller living in pine street in 1897. daughter  Annie Sewell parish of clerkenwell county of london.
lynne.    email

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 12:29 BST (UK) »
Annie  Sewell born 1879 daughter of William Sewell(Bookseller) of Pirie street or Pine Street married Thomas Murray son of James Murray (News Vendor) of ludlow street on 13th June 1897 both were 18 years of age. married  St Pauls.

Thomas and Annie had three children that I know of: Thomas William (b St Batholomews family lived in dundall building berkeley -1912), Fred W and Kate/Catherine.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynne

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

According to her profile, Betty was online here a couple of months ago so should receive an email notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Betty.W

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 22 June 17 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynne, Although I do have the same Annie Sewell as you have mentioned, she is definitely mine, I am not totally convinced that she married Thomas Murray as her fathers occupation was not as a bookseller but a stone mason/stone polisher. On the 1911 census her name is given as Sewell - that could have been a mistake though as she did have children. I have had so much trouble with this family -i.e. changing names etc. I assume that you are related to the said Thomas Murray. Do you know where Thomas was in 1911 as Annie was with her mother.
By the way sorry for the delay in replying, only just got your message when we got back from holiday yesterday.

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 22 June 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty .... I have the marriage certificate of Annie sewell daughter of William sewell of Pine street.
witnesses a martin and Mary A Peak
also death certificate and funeral arrangements.

Yes I am Gt  grandaughter of Thomas and Annie

ooo exciting. Im in Australia.  I have been totally stumped with alot of the murray family

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 22 June 17 10:21 BST (UK) »
sorry betty I dont have the census information. only just starting.  What are her children's names that you have please. I know of three two boys and a daughter.  Thomas (1912) Fred and kate or Catherine. if you can elaborate I will be over the moon.

Offline Betty.W

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 23 June 17 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynne, I am beginning to wonder if Annie was actually married to anyone. According to the 1911 census Annie Sewell was living with her mother she was aged 31. It says that she had been married for 12 years and had three children 2 living and 1 died. - Also on the 1911 census Thomas Murray was living with his parents says he was aged 33,married  (on the marriage certificate which I have a copy of they were both aged 18). There is a child which could be Thomas's on this census she is called Katherine aged 11. So, if Thomas was married to my Annie where is the other child that was living at that time? Also, as I said before Annie,s father was a Stone mason - on some censuses he is called a marble polisher, but not a bookseller.