Author Topic: WOOLLARD Lookup  (Read 8225 times)

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Re: WOOLLARD Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 September 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Keyboard

I think you will find the 1851 on here

H0107/ 1762
folio 138
page 10

ricky

Thanks for the help Ricky, but I believe you have found another Woollard! This is the family that contains the Sarah I found in 1871:-
1861 census
Malachi Woolard 49 occ Woodman b Kirtling
Mary 42 b Wood Ditton
James 17 b Wood ditton
Elizabeth 13 b Wood Ditton
Martha 9 b Stonebridge
Sarah 7 b Wood Ditton
Elijah 4 b Wood Ditton
Frederick 8 months b Wood Ditton
Residing at Houghton Green Wood Ditton
Census Ref RG09/1031/159/12
Keyboard86

yep
your right and I is wrong  :-[ :-[ :-[
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 20:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help, both of you  :)
I've also found out that Woollard is spelt in many forms, such as Woolard and Wollard. At first i gave up but now if i can't find someone i just put in the different spelling and it usually works.

Regards, Tom
Gower, Barker, Mayhew, Blomfield - (Norfolk/Suffolk)
Cook, Carter, Smith, Musk, Moss, Staples, Sparkes, Lister, Woollard, Scrivener, Marsh, Arnold, Hazelwood- (Cambs/Suffolk)
Grimwood, Shinn, Fitches, Sustins, Harvey, Sangster, Capps, Blake, Kimmance, Rans, Watts, George, Denny- (Suffolk)
Fishburne, Bartram, Rix, Balls, Porter, Leach- (Norfolk) Slater, Forster (Co. Durham/Nbland)
Taylor, Element, Barnett- (Worcs) Colley, Dobson, Thornton, Priestman, Harper, Spence, Plewes, Mowthorpe (Yorks)

Offline Ruth

• RootsChat Member
  • Great Aunt Gladys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 October 10 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

Here are a few WOOLLARD events which look like they fit into your ancestry.  It is very possible that Rhoda and Charlotte were sisters of James (father of Malachi) as they were both witnesses at his marriage.  The name Allington WOOLLARD suggests a connection with the Dullingham, Wickhambrook and Withersfield holders of that name (IGI).

Kirtling Baptisms
19 Oct 1777
Allington WOOLLARD son of John & Eleanor otp

9 Dec 1787
Charlotte WOOLARD dau of John & Ellen otp

18 Oct 1789
Rhoda WOOLARD dau of John & Ellen nee HALLS otp

19 Apr 1812
Malachi WOOLLARD son of James & Eliz otp

Kirtling Marriages
11 Oct 1764
John WOOLARD (x) bac otp & Ellen HALLS (x) sp otp, wits: John WEBB, Abraham CLARK

21 Nov 1803
James WOOLLARD bac otp & Elizabeth BROWN (x) sp otp, wits: John PLUMMER, Charlotte WOOLLARD, Rhoda (x) WOOLLARD

Ruth
Interests include:
LANSDELL in Kent & Sussex; WELLER in Kent; SELMAN/SOLOMON in Yorkshire and Staffordshire; BROYD in Essex/Cambridgeshire; KETTERIDGE in Essex/Cambridgeshire

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 November 10 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting Ruth, certainly looks that way. I will have to go to Cambridge record office to look for more.

Thankyou, Tom
Cook, Carter, Smith, Musk, Moss, Staples, Sparkes, Lister, Woollard, Scrivener, Marsh, Arnold, Hazelwood- (Cambs/Suffolk)
Grimwood, Shinn, Fitches, Sustins, Harvey, Sangster, Capps, Blake, Kimmance, Rans, Watts, George, Denny- (Suffolk)
Fishburne, Bartram, Rix, Balls, Porter, Leach- (Norfolk) Slater, Forster (Co. Durham/Nbland)
Taylor, Element, Barnett- (Worcs) Colley, Dobson, Thornton, Priestman, Harper, Spence, Plewes, Mowthorpe (Yorks)

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Just to add some new info that i found, the Woollards that Ruth found in Kirtling weren't  James's siblings, they were his cousins.

James Woollard's (b. 1776) father was William Woollard (b. 1749) born in Cowlinge, Suffolk. James's mother was Mary Smith.
John Woollard, who we thought was James's father, was also born in Cowlinge in 1741 and married Ellen Halls. John and William were brothers.

William had 8 children whilst John had 9 children. That's a lot of Woollards in one little village like Kirtling.

I've also found William's parents, they were Edward Woollard (b. c1715) and Mary Harvey (b. c1714). They were both born in Suffolk, probably in Cowlinge.

Tom

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Also thankyou to ricky for his help. I didn't realise he died so soon after responding to this thread :'(

Very sad

Tom

Offline GrandmaBrownwater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 February 23 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, This is my first time registering on this site and I can't believe my luck. I have been researching my WOOLLARD family tree on a number of genealogy websites for over 20 years and today I thought I would put into Google 'Woollard's, Cambridgeshire' to see what would come up. One of the links was to this thread. It was God given at a time when I waste again revisiting the details of my 5xgg William Woollard who married Mary Smith in Kirtling on 16 Aug 1771. For years I had not been happy with accepting William's baptism 22 May 1748 in Dullingham to parents William Woollard & Philadelphia Stammers. For this reason I had stopped trying to take my tree back further until I could confirm. I have always wanted to go to the Cambridge record office to check it out, but never had the chance.
Now to see all the work done for Tom regarding his post has been fabulous! I can now definitively prove the many people on Ancestry, FindMyPast, MyHeritage & now Geneanet wrong in their linking William Woollard b 1748 Dullingham as the father of my 4xgg James Woollard 1776-1850 Kirtling. Thanks to all involved in this thread- without you one elderly woman would not be ecstatic today!!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 February 23 17:22 GMT (UK) »
 Welcome to rootschat  :)

It is good to hear that a post here has helped you clarify your query.  We are always pleased to help where we can and it is always a bonus when Google finds our efforts and helps someone else.

Rosie  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GrandmaBrownwater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 February 23 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie, that is very kind of you! I should have joined many years ago! :)