Author Topic: Parson Family Oxhey ?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Sheila Whittingham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Parson Family Oxhey ?
« on: Wednesday 29 September 10 15:11 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find living family of Mabel Isabella Parsons, born approx 1879 in Ealing,, last known address in Oxhey in 1941.
Through research I have discovered she was my Grandmothers cousin, and I am trying to fill in glaring gaps in my family tree, particularly what happened to Mabel's grandmother (my great great grandmother ) Isabella, who disappears from all records after the 1871 Manchester census.
Sheila
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parson Family Oxhey ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hello

Is she the Isabella Parsons 1871 born Heyhouses with husband michal and children Benjamin Catherine Maria William and Henry

1881 Pendleton

Oddfellows Row
Michael Parsons age 54 born Padiham Labour at Printworks
Isabella wife age 54 Heyhouses
Henry T son age 20 labour at Print works Pendleton
William son age 16 Pendleton labour at Print works
Mary Ann Jackson niece age 21 born Pendleton Cotton Winder

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 16:30 BST (UK) »
1891 Rg12/3389 folio 35 page 12 Pendleton, Heyhouses,Sabden Lancashire

Gardeners Row

Michael Parson age 64 Gen lab born Goldsham
Isabella wife age 64 Goldsham
Henry Thos Parsons married son age 30 Pendleton gen lab
Mary Parsons daughter in law married age 31 Preston cotton rover

1901 Rg13/3898 folio 38 page 15 Sabden Lancashire

Gardeners Row

Michael Parson age 74  retired  ?? Labourer Goldsham
Isabella wife age 74 Goldsham
Henry T son age 40 married Calico ?? Pendleton
Mary Parson age 41 daughter in law married cotton winder Preston
Ada Parson age 8 grandaughter born Pendleton
William Hy Parson age 5 grandson Pendleton

1881 Pendleton

Benjamin Parsons age 29 pendleton
Mary A wife age 22 pendleton

Regards Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sheila Whittingham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 September 10 09:09 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Pam, but I am sorry family not the same although from a similar area.Mabel's grandmother Isabella who disappears after the 1871 census was Isabella Stortz who was an artist who's husband is having children with his common law wife in Manchester in 1873/5.
Isabella was born in Belgium in 1840 and it has been suggested that she split from her husband and went back to Belgium along with her youngest son Philip,after 1871  but why would she leave her other two children  aged 13 and 10 in England. Another theory is that she went to live with another man and took his name, but no Isabella born Belgium  on the 1881 census fits the bill.As I never knew my Gran or her family it has all been painstaking research over 7 years and the missing Isabella leaves a gaping hole in the story.
I was hoping if I found a living family member they may know what happened.I found living family of Mabel's sister but they knew nothing and weren't really interested, so you can see why I am keen to find any Parsons.Mabel's husband Herbert , born South Wales was an accountant and died in Oxhey hospital in 1941, and that is as much as I know.
Thankyou for your interest.
Sheila. :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wynn.Wynne,Cowdrey,Cholerton,Stortz,Whittingham,Potter, Garnett,Flower,Gray,Given,Matthews,DeBruyne. Short.