Author Topic: Seeking look up and possible answers to some questions please?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline JUDWAT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking look up and possible answers to some questions please?
« on: Thursday 30 September 10 10:07 BST (UK) »
Edmund Mould (b 26.31819 Bodmin Cornwall,d 1.12.1901 Lower Havelat St Peter Port) m 6.1.1850 St Peter Port Eliza Jane Mitchell (b 26.11.1826 S Peter Port , d 6.2.1857 Lower Havelat St Peter Port).
Issue:
Ann Eliza (b 8.4.1851 St Peter Port)
Edmund John (b 12.6.1852 Tower Hill St Peter Port)
Emma Louisa (b 19.10.1854)
Pierre Percee (St Peter Port)
Edgar James Cotton (b 6.2.1857 Mt Durand St Peter Port)

He then m Mary Ann Eliza Walden (b16.3.1824 St Peter Port, d 4.9.1880 St Peter Port) on the 12.7.1874 St Peter Port. Her Father was Henry Walden and Mary Ann Connor.

Edmund married a third time to Elizabeth Boggis (b 26.11.1817 Hampshire d 25.5.1889 St Peter Port).  No record of this marriage has ever been found. Elizabeth's parents were George Boggis, Mother Ann Bidge.

Edmund John Mould m 2.11.1878 Garstang Lancashire, Betsey Malley. Betsey b 17.5.1842 Garstang.
Issue:
Edmund James (b 17.9.1879 Lanashire d18.2.1947 St Peter Port). He m Rheta Renouf (b 6.11.1873 St Martin St Peter Port, d 2.3.1948 Le Grand Bovet Farm St Peter Port, Father Jean Renouf Mother liza Lihou.)

Edgar James Cotton Mould d 9.11.1932 Victoria Rd, St Peter Port, m 18.12.1883 Brok Rd Methodist Church St Peter Port Eliza Jane Wilson (b 24.3.1857 St Peter Port d 3.7.1940 St Peter Port) 
Issue:
Edgar Wilson (b 1.11.1884 Mt Herman St Peter Port)
Francis Edmund (b 19.12.1885 Rue St George St Peter Port)
George Stanley (b 27.5,1889 Crou-ou-Baillif St Peter Port)
Edgar Wilson Mould  (6.10.1966 Victoria Rd St Peter Port) m 4.9.1915 Toronto Canada Emma Annie Campion (b 1894/1895 Waford England Father Thomas Henry Campoin Mother Emma Jane Mathews)

I would like  marriage date Rheta Renouf, and parents for Eliza Jane Wilson, also death for Betsey. 

Can anyone answer who the Elizabeth on the 1901 census might be as the Elizabeth this Edmund was married to died in 1889, and who the grandson and niece belong to?

These Mould Families were well known on Guernsey so would anyone have photos or information on the old saddlery shop that used to be at 18 States Arcade.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking look up and possible answers to some questions please?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 October 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi. My direct ancestor was the Mary Ann Eliza WALDEN mentioned in your post. I think from memory (without getting out my family file) that this was her second marriage? I descend from her marriage to the first husband Pierre TOUZEAU?
Look forward to hearing from you.

Katharine.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 October 10 11:28 BST (UK) »

Can anyone answer who the Elizabeth on the 1901 census might be as the Elizabeth this Edmund was married to died in 1889, and who the grandson and niece belong to?

I can't see an Elizabeth living with Edmund in 1901...Here is the household that year:

Edmund MOULD   Head   Widower   82   Saddler (employer)  born England (Cornwall was written first but then crossed out)
Edmund MOULD   Grandson   Single   21   Saddler (worker)  born England (Lancashire)
Alice HOOPER   Niece     Single   36   Housekeeper (at home)  born England (Gloucestershire)
Ethel EXCELE/EXCELL   Niece      6   Scholar      born England (Gloucestershire)

To work out the relationships you could try searching back through the census in Lancashire and Gloucestershire to find Edmund the grandson and Alice the niece.  Ethel, being only 6, may be a grand-niece, so may be a little harder to find, but is possibly related to Alice if they were both born in Gloucs.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers
Prue

Offline Allan_Jean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 October 10 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am just starting to get involved with ancestry  - looking at my wife's family in Guernsey.  I am not sure what you are requesting , but as I live on Guernsey, perhaps I can help, bearing in mind I am a novice at this, but will be pleased to help if I can. I do know some Moulds who live here.

Offline Allan_Jean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 October 10 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
Done some digging for you:

The saddlery shop was in the States Arcade.

I found the following entry in a book entitled" Guernsey As It Used To be" by Hugo.
Although written quite a bit later it is his reminicsing of what St Peter Port was like when he was younger.

"In the States Arcade were to be found............................Mr Mould srn., saddler, who had I think suceeded Mr Vincent of the trade..............."

I then checked some of the Almanacs that were printed around that period

I found an entry under Saddlers for E Mould in 1879,  I checked 1878 but his name does not appear it is shown as Mr Vincent.
So it would appear he took over the shop sometime in 1878/1879.
I did check a bit later and found he was still entered in 1884 - but that as far as time would allow me to go.

Next tiime I am at the Library I will check the Almanacs to  try and see when he is last listed.

Hope this helps.

Allan

Offline JUDWAT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 November 10 00:57 GMT (UK) »
thank you so much. I hope this doesn"t interfere with anything you might be doing. wil wait to hear from you further Judith