Author Topic: *Completed* 1861 Look up George and Margeret Dixon  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Ladyfing

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
*Completed* 1861 Look up George and Margeret Dixon
« on: Monday 04 October 10 15:21 BST (UK) »
I believe there is a George and Margaret Dixon (Dickson and any other variation) on the '61 cenus. The George I am looking for was perhaps a smith (coach or otherwise) and born in Northumberland c. 1796, exact location unknown. His wife Margaret was born Coldstream, Berwickshire and a couple of years younger than he perhaps. There may have been grown children with them and born London or Surrey.
I would be grateful for any information, addresses, place of birth and other's named in the same household.

Many thanks

Debbie

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Look up George and Margeret Dixon
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 October 10 18:03 BST (UK) »
There is only one George Dixon with a wife Margaret.  Margaret was b Blyth as were their children aged 28 and 26 and George was a retired mariner

No entry under Dickson
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ladyfing

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Look up George and Margeret Dixon
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 02:58 BST (UK) »
There is only one George Dixon with a wife Margaret.  Margaret was b Blyth as were their children aged 28 and 26 and George was a retired mariner

No entry under Dickson
Many thanks for that Carole. It seemed odd for them to travel back up to Northumberland having supposedly established themselves in Surrey.

Best wishes
Debbie