Author Topic: Help - Milbourn/e in Hornsey  (Read 1202 times)

Offline voltarei

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help - Milbourn/e in Hornsey
« on: Wednesday 06 October 10 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I'm trying to locate a John Milbourn who on the 1851 census (milborn) and 1861 census (Milbourn) states he was born in Hornsey around 1813.
I know from his 2nd marriage in 1850 to Ann Hughes that his father was John, but I have not been able to track down his baptism record, or his first marriage (spouse unknown).

Any help really appreciated.

Many thanks
Phil

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Milbourn/e in Hornsey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 20:59 BST (UK) »
hi phil i,ve found this marriage for a john miburn to elizabeth barrett  1824 st catherine coleman london , have you any more info on john ,his occupation or areas where he was living on the census , any small snippets may help
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline voltarei

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Milbourn/e in Hornsey
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 23:54 BST (UK) »
Update on new information found.

It appears that John did not have a good start in life, as I have found him living in the Islington Workhouse in 1841, with 2 of his children in the Islington Infant Poor House, and his wife "Mary" and third child living alone in Grafton Buildings in Islington.

All this info ties together with John's occupation as Shoemaker (Cordwainer), baptism entries for children that can be found later on the census, and a bit of a long shot hunch following the receipt of a marriage certificate today.

The dates that I am now trying to complete are John's marriage to Mary probably just prior to the birth of their eldest child John Charles in 1835.

The death of wife Mary prior to 1847.

The marriage of John to Ann probably just prior to their fist child being born in 1847.
(the certificate that came today proved that John did not marry Ann Hughes in 1850 as previously thought)

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Phil
 :)