Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 1220 times)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HELP PLEASE
« on: Wednesday 06 October 10 15:28 BST (UK) »
Wondering if any one could do a look up for me for a death or burial for Thomas Gordon McClure born in Scotland in 1880 .

Thank you

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 19:20 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,487480.msg3455265.html#msg3455265
More information on Thomas Gordon from a US Board post which helps to define where in Canada he was.

There is no central registry of BMDs in Canada - each province handles it separately and there is also the issue of privacy the the restriction of access to records.  The more information provided the easier it is for people to try and help.
Debbie

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 22:02 BST (UK) »
The story so far Thomas was born 1880 in Creetown Kirkcubrightshire and left Glasgow for Canada arriving 15 December 1909 he says he is going to his brother in Yorkton Saska.
He crosses from Canada into America to meet up with his mother Catherine in Chicago Illinois.
Catherine left Glasgow Scotland going to New York New York aboard the Caledonia arriving 7 November 1909 she is going to visit her sister in Chicago Illinois.
I am positive this is catherine returning to Scotland 20 March 1910 there is no age and it says she was born in Stranraer Wigtownshire  which is correct. catherine did come home as I have her date of death.
Samuel her other son who Thomas first went out  c 1904 to  Yorkton died in British Columbia . I am trying to find if Thomas stayed in Canada or went back to America.
I know he didn't go back to Scotland as there is no death there for him

Offline VivienR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 October 10 03:39 BST (UK) »
I searched BC vital statistics and didn't find a death for a Thomas  Gordon Mcclure.

There is a death record for a William Thomas G Mcclure. He died 7 November 1954 in Nanaimo at the age of 67. If you think this might be the right person there's always a marriage record for William Thomas G Mcclure to Jane Chisolm Foster 3 June 1914 in Ladysmith.
regards
Vivien

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 October 10 05:13 BST (UK) »
The death record that VivienR found for William Thomas G. Mcclure is on the pilot familysearch site as Thomas William Grey Mcclure, born 1886 in Ontario.

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#surname=mcclure&givenName=thomas&p=recordResults&collection=fs%3A1538285&searchType=close

Susan

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 October 10 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much but Thomas was born in Scotland on 17th March 1880 in Kirkcubrightshire

Suzilad