Author Topic: James Henry Neill LURGAN  (Read 14351 times)

Offline doylers94

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Henry Neill LURGAN
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 October 10 16:09 BST (UK) »
I know what you mean about the Wrights seem to be a million in Drumcree and Seagoe. Thankfully there are a few Wright experts out there. My gggrandfather a William Wright 1810 married Elizabeth Boyle had a daughter Elizabeth 1834 who married James Mc Cully (my line) and a son William who married Elizabeth Harris (Tamnaficarbet) Many of the Wrights headed to Hartford and South Manchester Connecticut to Cheneys Slik weaving mills.  :)
Areas Lurgan and neighbouring townlands in the Parishes of Shankill and Seagoe, Toomebridge County Antrim, Queens County New York, Hartford Connecticut, Michigan USA. Names Doyle McElroy Pollock  Harte Neill Hall Mc Cully Wright Boyle Murray Mc Conaghy Mc Cann Brown Patterson Carson Hines Lauder Waters Watson Hendron Tweedy Warnock

Offline christine2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 October 10 16:20 BST (UK) »
How do i send a private message please

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 24 October 10 16:25 BST (UK) »
Christine,
               If you click on the little green scroll under the name of the person you wish to contact that will allow you to send a PM. The recipient usually has to have had three postings before the PM system works.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline christine2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 October 10 16:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much x

Offline doylers94

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 06 November 10 15:34 GMT (UK) »
For anyone following this interested in James Neill of Ann St. Have just discovered his son James a Bricklayer married Ellen Marks of Mark St on 12 July 1904 Her father William Marks also a Bricklayer. Marriage at Shankill COI and witnesses Thomas Williamson and Jane Mc Camely. This is NOT my James but thought I'd pass on this info in case it helps someone else. James Neill Snr is recorded as a Labourer in the marriage entry.
Areas Lurgan and neighbouring townlands in the Parishes of Shankill and Seagoe, Toomebridge County Antrim, Queens County New York, Hartford Connecticut, Michigan USA. Names Doyle McElroy Pollock  Harte Neill Hall Mc Cully Wright Boyle Murray Mc Conaghy Mc Cann Brown Patterson Carson Hines Lauder Waters Watson Hendron Tweedy Warnock

Offline Ken Austin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 November 10 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

We have some birth records for Neill in our Lurgan Births Index. You need to keep in mind that spelling wasn't an art for our ancestors so look for variations, hope this is of help.

Best ~ Ken
www.lurganancestry.com
Austin, Hamill, Boon, Johnston. lurganancestry.com and austinfamilytree.com

Offline doylers94

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 08:42 GMT (UK) »
thanks had a look only a few Neills on there and some are Portadown.

Offline Ken Austin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

We are adding to the births index daily, so check back again soon. Did you also try the Griffiths Valuations and other Directories? Tithe Applotments etc?

Best Ken
Austin, Hamill, Boon, Johnston. lurganancestry.com and austinfamilytree.com

Offline doylers94

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 15:04 GMT (UK) »
yes I would if I knew his fathers name, thanks! Hoping to acquire workhouse docs might get something there?