Author Topic: Family Grave Mayglass Cemetary  (Read 2742 times)

Offline bluephil54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family Grave Mayglass Cemetary
« on: Thursday 07 October 10 23:29 BST (UK) »
Can anybody help please,possibly with an address? There is a Grave in Mayglass Cemetary with a fairly new headstone bearing the Family names of O'Grady & also Devereux. I have been informed that the family member who tends this Grave is a Mr Larry Devereux.....possibly from Killinick ? I have tried to make contact but without any luck so far,and I would dearly like to get in touch with Larry as the O'Grady Family members in the Grave are relatives of mine. My Grt Grandfather was Richard Grady of Mayglass,and I believe his younger brother Thomas Grady & his Wife & some of their children are named on this Headstone. If anyone knows of this gentlemans address,could they possibly let me know. I was informed that Mr Devereuxs' daughter had a computer and would get in touch with me.........but I haven't heard anything at all so I don't know if my e-mail address has been mislaid etc. My Grandfather was John O'Grady,born in Mayglass and he had 3 sisters Mary,Annie & Katherine....Annie never left Mayglass and the Family lived at House 1 Glebe. Any help at all folks.
                                                Many Thanks,Take Care & Be Good
                                                                     Phil O'Grady

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Grave Mayglass Cemetary
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi There Phil,
Perhaps if you contact the local parish church in Mayglass, the parish priest may be able to help you. Mayglass church is in the Piercestown parish and if you google www.ferns.ie then churches you will be able to get a contact number for the priest in mayglass church.

Good luck with your search.

Regards ,
Summerhill

Offline cinders47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Family Grave Mayglass Cemetary
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 10:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry to have to tell you but Mayglass is in the Parish of Ballymore - not Piercestown which is the adjoining parish.
Kehoe: Canada, Chicago, Liverpool.
Parle:Liverpool, USA.