Author Topic: Dr Who  (Read 2276 times)

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Who
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 12:56 BST (UK) »
hello steph,

I'll keep checking for the video clips.  did you build the website?  sandy was the only artist to appear on any zep track, and I agree, a stunning track!

just managed to get hold of a video clip of plant doing 'going to california', think its from montreux(c.2000?), he has a white t-shirt with a blokes face on it...brilliant.  thers also a mp3 of page writing stairway (and singing the lyrics), a studio recording that I don't think was ever meant to see the light of day...but history in the making.  thats floating around the internet.  you heard it?  i've just read richard coles book 'stairway to heaven'...very good.  have you read peter grants 'the man who led zeppelin'?  its next on my reading list.  also if you go to robertplant.com , you can listen to 'shine it all' from the new album, and get the new album artwork as a desktop wallpaper.

regards,

andy
Grt: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
x2: Neale, Smith, Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
x3: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PassionPlay

• RootsChat Senior
  • There was a hush in the passion play
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Who
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 May 05 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

Yes, the site is all my own work (well, except for the music!)  :-[

Errr... yes I have a small collection of unofficial bits and pieces - but have not heard that Page/Stairway recording, I'll have a look for that.  Have just had a first play of Mighty Rearranger (lucky I have an office to myself) and it's not half bad!  I also have the Peter Grant book but have not got around to reading it yet.  I did see a documentary about him, probably about 4 years ago now.  Definitely a one-off!

I'll let you know when the video clips are up.

Cheers, Steph.
Beer (Kent)
Hall/Halle  (Stafford/Enfield/Folkestone)
Richards (Kent)
Silk (Kent)
Southan/Southen/Southern/Southon (Kent)
And more (there are always more!)

All census info: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Join Stumble and lure others into Rootschat!