Author Topic: Dr Who  (Read 2274 times)

Offline PassionPlay

• RootsChat Senior
  • There was a hush in the passion play
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Who
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 May 05 15:10 BST (UK) »
I thought it was definitely the best episode so far - they have all been far too funny deliberately up to now and the hints of human emotion from the Doctor are just not  the done thing at all!

Must confess to seeing a Dr Who exhibition at Madame Tussauds quite a few years ago and despite being in my twenties at the time, still had to psych myself up to walk past the dalek.

The old nightmares are the best  ;D
Beer (Kent)
Hall/Halle  (Stafford/Enfield/Folkestone)
Richards (Kent)
Silk (Kent)
Southan/Southen/Southern/Southon (Kent)
And more (there are always more!)

All census info: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Join Stumble and lure others into Rootschat!

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 May 05 15:25 BST (UK) »
hello PassionPlay,

it been good hasn't it? better than I expected anyway, and I've enjoyed the subtle sense of humour they've included.  thinking back, it was the audio that had me scuttling for cover, not the imagery, especially the title music and the daleks voice.. it gave me nightmares, but I wouldn't stop watching it.

do you know if the master is going to make an appearance this series?

regards,

andy
Grt: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
x2: Neale, Smith, Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
x3: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PassionPlay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 May 05 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

I was initially disappointed that there was no regeneration sequence at the start but it has indeed improved Saturday night's viewing  ;D

I have not heard anything about The Master, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers, Steph.
Beer (Kent)
Richards (Kent)
Silk (Kent)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 May 05 23:12 BST (UK) »
I knew a girl at school and her father was Mr Christmas.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 May 05 23:51 BST (UK) »
How about Alan Rickman as the Master - that voice...

Deborah
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 00:00 BST (UK) »
Couldn't agree more. But for visuals George Clooney, Harrison Ford, a fireman!

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 00:13 BST (UK) »
He could recycle his Sheriff of Nottingham outfit.
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Who and the gods of rock
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 10:23 BST (UK) »
hello steph,

ah...led zeppelin, the greatest rock band ever, never surpassed or even equalled.  I noticed your animated gif.  The tracks by 'led by zeppelin' are really good, and theres a couple of my favorite acoustic zep tracks up there (going to california being my all time fave acoustic).  did you ever see percy and the boys live?  I missed out on knebworth, but caugh percy with the honeydrippers at sheffield limit club and at the retford porterhouse, and saw his first solo tour at sheffield city hall, but it wasn't the same.  so are you led by zeppelins 'sandy denny'?  battle of evermore being another fave acoustic.

regards,

andy
Grt: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
x2: Neale, Smith, Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
x3: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PassionPlay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

Sandy Denny - I wish!  ('Evermore' a fave track!) I am merely the webmaster!  There are some video clips of the band coming soon but I'm having some space hiccups so in negotiations with the ISP.

I did see the originals, Earls Court May 1975, also memorable for my first ever drive into London.  They totally blew me away and I have been a fan ever since.  Have managed to see Plant a couple of times since and was at the Albert Hall for the Paul Weller charity gig a couple of years ago when Plant did a set (did a wicked 'Four Sticks') and then Jimmy Page did a solo 'Dazed and Confused'.

Robert Plant's new album is just out and only £8.99 on play.com (sorry if I'm not supposed to advertise but it's the best deal I've seen), I'm just hanging out for the postman  ;D heard a track on the radio last week and it sounds good.

Cheers, Steph.
Beer (Kent)
Richards (Kent)
Silk (Kent)