Author Topic: Is she in Innerleithen Cemetery?  (Read 4125 times)

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
  • At least one of my ancestors was glamorous!
    • View Profile
Is she in Innerleithen Cemetery?
« on: Saturday 09 October 10 11:11 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to find the last resting place fror my husband's great aunt for quite some time and yesterday I suddenly realised that I might have actually taken a photo of it! Yesterday, I noticed on the photo that there appears to be a cremation pot at the foot of the headstone and I am now wondering if that is my lady - Julia Coleman Haig Stewart.

I am wondering if anyone can visit Innerleithen Cemetery on  Traquair Road and check for me (I am in Lancashire!) or if anyone has access to transcribed MI's?

In the cemetery the gravestone for Julia's parents - Adam Alexander Haig and Julia Coleman Aaronson is easy to find - from entrance follow path towards the back and the headstone is about 1/4 of the way back but close to the path from what I remember.

I can email a photo of the gravestone to help anyone who may be able to visit the cemetery.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give as I'm not sure when I would be able to get to Scotland again and this lady has caused all sorts of problems tracking her down! (see my previous posts on here about her!)

Many thanks
Wilson in the Lancaster area
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Nunn in Norfolk and Co Durham
Smith in Glasgow
Haig in Peebles/Edinburgh
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Census info is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline margmo1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is she in Innerleithen Cemetery?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 October 10 10:27 BST (UK) »
hi nothern rose

i found the headstone which reads
in loving memory
ADAM ALEXANDER HAIG
died 6 - 11 - 1895
aged 54 years
also his wife
JULIA AARONSON
died 27 - 7 - 1909
aged 56 years
erected by their children.

the little pot infront of the headstone has no inscription. i think its purpose is to put flowers in. you could contact scottish borders bearevement services. they may be able to help .
regards
margaret

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
  • At least one of my ancestors was glamorous!
    • View Profile
Re: Is she in Innerleithen Cemetery?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 October 10 12:15 BST (UK) »
Margaret

Many many thanks for checking this out for me. Such a shame there was no inscription on the pot!

Thanks again
Wilson in the Lancaster area
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Nunn in Norfolk and Co Durham
Smith in Glasgow
Haig in Peebles/Edinburgh
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Census info is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk