Author Topic: east finchley grave photos please  (Read 1347 times)

Offline laroche

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
east finchley grave photos please
« on: Saturday 09 October 10 11:32 BST (UK) »
I have 2 relatives buried in east finchley and i wondered if anybody is available please to take photos for me please i have the reference for 1 of them namely, louisa bowley 17122p k block 8, the other one i dont have a reference but it is supposed to be a family tomb to the atkinson family i believe 4 or 5 people buried there , elizabeth atkinson, herbert charles, george thomas with dates of, 1901 , 1908 & 1930, many thanks in advance
                sincerely, laroche
Roach (London) Atkinson (London) Bowley (Bristol)
Hitchcock (Suffolk)

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
Re: east finchley grave photos please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 October 10 21:01 BST (UK) »
Firstly I would suggest that you contact the cemetary offices to find out if there are actaully any gravestones on these plots.

I know from experience, that I trawled all the way from the edge of Sth London one Saturday morning to the outer edges of North London to visit and take photos of my g/grandmothers grave, only to find when I got there that there was nothing, zilch.  A completely wasted journey.

UPDATE:  No problem - only too glad to offer advice from my own experience.  It was also a very hot day and by the time I got home (was out about 6 hrs) was really fed up!!!
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline laroche

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: east finchley grave photos please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 October 10 21:09 BST (UK) »
hi plummiegirl thanks for the good advice i will contact the people at the cemetery first, sometimes you get so caught up trying to find info, you forget the obvious, thanks again
                         laroche
Roach (London) Atkinson (London) Bowley (Bristol)
Hitchcock (Suffolk)