Author Topic: David & Sarah again  (Read 1409 times)

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David & Sarah again
« on: Sunday 10 October 10 11:56 BST (UK) »
Would someone have the details of a Marriage that took place twice the first time June 1/4 1902 at Whitechapel between Davied Vischschraper and Sarah Van Gelder the second time June 1/4 at Mile End this time the Bride's name stays the same but the Grooms is David Vischraper not sure why this happened is it to do with their Dutch or Jewish background.

This is a follow up posting of a few days ago under the subject of David & Sarah Fisher.

Buzz

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: David & Sarah again
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 October 10 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Where did you find details of the second marriage?

FreeBMD just shows one marriage, in the Whitechapel registration district which includes Mile End.

The variation in David's surname is possibly a transcription error.   :-\

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 October 10 14:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

I made an error, I omitted the second time was 1903 this is on Free BMD, although Sarah was born in Spitalfields she is from Dutch descent and although I have been unable to find David on any census( Under the three names I have for him ) I assume he is as well.

Very little is known of him as they separated by 1911, it is believed that he was killed in London during a bombing raid in the Second World War.

Buzz

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 October 10 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

If the marriages took place in a synagogue then the answer is either to obtain a copy of them from the GRO or you could try this database

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/UK/

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline franksproductions

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 07:47 BST (UK) »
One thing I do know is that the one and only correct spelling of the surname is Vischschraper, since I am one myself and have researched the entire family tree. You can find the tree, including some information on David and Sarah at http://akevoth.org/genealogy/vischschraper/index.htm

Kind regards,

Frank Vischschraper
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Would someone have the details of a Marriage that took place twice the first time June 1/4 1902 at Whitechapel between Davied Vischschraper and Sarah Van Gelder the second time June 1/4 at Mile End this time the Bride's name stays the same but the Grooms is David Vischraper not sure why this happened is it to do with their Dutch or Jewish background.

This is a follow up posting of a few days ago under the subject of David & Sarah Fisher.

Buzz