Author Topic: patrick noon  (Read 6981 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: patrick noon
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Shane,

1871 census had Patrick and Mary b Ireland and the twins born Galway.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
1871 census had Patrick and Mary b Ireland and the twins born Galway.

Is this from a transcript or an actual image? sometimes in the census an enumerator would use " to indicate same information as line above and there might have been some confusion (either there or from a transcription)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:38 BST (UK) »
Re 1871 RG10; Piece: 4624; Folio: 40; Page: 27

The couple above are both born Ireland which is then dittoed for Patrick; Mary and daughter Mary; James and Patrick (twins) are Ireland, Galway.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
I'd say ordering certs for the possible marriage and births found on freebmd would be the next sensible step. Then see where they lead...

Maybe there will be a trace of parents Patrick & Mary on English census returns

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline polliann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 October 10 22:34 BST (UK) »
i have certs that show the twins were registered in wakefield but born in galway and the birth certs say that the parents patrick noon and mary delaney were both from galway. one of the twins james is my great grandfather and i have his marriage cert to sylvia snow elliott where it states he was born in ireland too. i want to trace back from his parents down the lineage in ireland but don't know where to start looking. in england they lived in wakefield for about 20 years but then moved to thurnscoe, nr rotherham. the help i really need is to trace the galway connection

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 October 10 22:37 BST (UK) »
What sort of certificates are these?
English (and Irish) civil birth certificates for that period do not list birthplaces of either parent and marriage certificates do not list place of birth for bride or groom.

It's possible, although unusual, that the twins could have been born in Ireland but the births registered in England- what is the date of birth and date of registration?

Offline polliann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 October 10 22:43 BST (UK) »
the birth certs i have state that james noon, one of the twins although registered in wakefield shows he was born in galway. the 1871 census shows patrick and mary both born galway. i also have letters from this time that talk about the twins being born just a few days before they left ireland which was why they were registered in ireland. the other twin to james, patrick died young as did one of the girl twins born later. i have letters from mary parents but no address on them and just say mother and father on them.
james was brought up catholic so i have presumed that patrick and mary would have been too

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 10 October 10 22:56 BST (UK) »
Your first post on this thread said "emigrated to england in 1870 with twin boys patrick and james age 1." It would have made things much easier for us if you had included all the information you know earlier.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 October 10 08:18 BST (UK) »
Good morning,
Oh dear! When I saw the post, there I was thinking it would be a real help to you. ::)
As aghadowey says, it would have been better had you told us that information first. I (and aghadowey and Shane, I would imagine) spent quite some time searching through census and BMD information to help.
However, as the parents married in Wakefield in 1867 and Mary was also registered in Wakefield in 1868, it does seem rather odd.
The parents may have wanted to indicate that they came from Galway.
Do you have that marriage certificate and Mary's certificate?
If you don't have them, then the marriage certificate would give you their fathers' names and often the names of the witnesses can help.
If you already have them, then what information is on there.
If you the family were writing letters at that time, then they would be literate which would be quite unusual and it would also bwe unusual that they would be travelling between the two countries, unless he was in the army or similar.
Please let us know re the marriage certificate. We are interested now. :D
regards
heywood