Author Topic: "The Story Of England"  (Read 12503 times)

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "The Story Of England"
« Reply #36 on: Friday 24 January 14 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Here'a feast for Michael Wood fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsOLu_lvHUQ

And this one (I could watch this one forever!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2fYvguLL0

Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 24 January 14 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Susie, thank you for posting those links, I thoroughly enjoyed them  :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 25 January 14 07:24 GMT (UK) »
For those, like me, who can't access BBC I player, I found this full length episode of The Story of England.  It's the last one in the series & covers the Victorian period up to the present day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNuBvoqo7M0
The full series is on DVD available at Amazon or e bay.
Enjoy, I did!!!

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 25 January 14 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Susie, thank you for posting those links, I thoroughly enjoyed them  :)

Jane

You're welcome! :)
Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 25 January 14 17:49 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)
Hi Annie
like i said i did go to turlangton some time ago i ddi look at the head stones behind the church and the one at the back ..idid speak to a farmer with his wife who were coming in and they told me baout george woolman .who si buried at the front and then was told to speak to a family who lives at the end of the street in a big house but never got to it cant remebr thier names but was told they know of the family .erenest john woolman was my grandad toms father he married a fanny freer  from shepshed i have all that .my grandad did the billet for the boys from Coalville and surounding arears he did the cartoons .there is book called at home and away that toms brother did the family story for all about the family and what they did it was by the spring board center in coalville leicestershire ,i have two of them the family knew alsorts of famlies .his dad lived at bardon quarry old row before moving to were tom was born in 1912 .then tom married my gran .and my dad  was born  in 1938  he married a Markfield girld in 1960 .i was born in 1964 .the woolman and freer family helped the army in Desford at the aerodrome there called siecrist or some thing similar   one of  them married  a sargent parker  from  Coalville, molly woolman worked for a stage and screen actress whos husband was the top man at the bank of eng .then whent into service for queen mary there is some thing about a butler but couldnt find out about that .her mother took very ill so she had to give the job up  to come home to help out she whent to shoe factory in the
end at shepshed .

the billet was sent out to the services in egypt and even dropped behind emery lines .i have the copys that was given to my gran .before she died ,she passed them on to me .they have names of soldiers who died for king and countryand their families and were the joined up ,it also tells of money that was given to keep the soldiers in tanks and guns  and ships so i think my self luky to have that .i found out my grans family the page family from Ruddington Nottingham came from  county sligo in ireland ,i have seen a picture of the statue on the fore shaw they came here due to the potatoe famine.so i know that part of history if they hadnt  dad would never have been born .
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 26 January 14 18:01 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi my mums side is cooper
and her ancetsre was geary elizabeth born 1810 stanton under bardon  her father was john geary he married ,Alice frost newtown linford were i live  .now her father was willaim frost born markfield he was a steward for lady jane greys family at bradgte park house  which means he over looked all the cooking and made sure that the right beer and wine was put out on the tables  his father was Richard frost he  was a cook for them  so william would have made sure he did his job right and richard father side married into the nine day s queens family  which i have found out there is a a website for the frost family called frost and gilchrist and related famlies online  ,which my family have been put on .elizabeth geary was christ 28th april  1810 bardon park  and ashby de la zouch  parents alice and john geary  also there was abrother william geary he worked for sir thomas grey at stewards hey house bradgate Road markfield .which is on the main stretch going into leicester from field head markfield . he was a head gardner ..william christ 14th july  1800 plus other children  they were Non conformists  births  so that is why they were at ashby ,john geary and alice frost marriage  29th  apr  1799 thornton leicestershire .so now have all the frost family history and every thing about lady jane grey .Richard frost was born  16th of march  1711 in Markfield  he married  elizabeth  Gervis  on 22nd  of may  1738 in markfield  leicestershire father name also Rihard mothers sarah richard and elizabeth had a william he  married a alice sharman  dau of  william sharman  and clarinda baggerly  on 10th  oct  in markfield  she was born  12th of oct  1755 in markfield .elizabeth geary married charles cooper 18th of nov 1830 thornton leic  he was born 1800 barleston leicestershire  father thomas cooper mother mary .john gearys burial date was  06 jun 1841
RG4-4367.
Danone.
so now you know more on mums side of the family .her after was erenst cooper born 1907 .his father was joseph cooper born 1875 markfield .he was a blacksmith .
mum was born 1941 Newtown  linford markfield
married 1960 st micheals alangels
colin woolman
father thomas woolman born 1912 +70  ashburton Road Hugglescote father ernest john woolman  born turlangton leicester 1880
shangton
i think the family i was asked to talk to was Hubbard .ernest john whent tolive in the old row at bardon quarry .then moved down to hugglescout he married a fanny freer from shepshed in 1911 .