Author Topic: Birth of Deborah Taylor - Blackburn  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Birth of Deborah Taylor - Blackburn
« on: Friday 08 April 05 14:51 BST (UK) »
I am looking for  the birth of Deborah Taylor born about 1840 in Yate & Pickup Bank Darwen Near Blackburn (without any success so far).  Her father's name was Roger but have no record of Mother's name. 

Thank you

Matty
McDermott Yorkshire & Ireland 
McNutt Lancashire &  Donegal Ireland 
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland
Richardson Donegal Ireland
Booth,Crompton, Hamer, Jackson, Nuttall, Smith and Ward from Lancashire

"So near and yet so far"

Offline Glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Deborah Taylor - Blackburn
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 April 05 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Matty,

Can't help you on this one, except that I'm just in the process of transcribing a couple of birth indexes for that period.

She is NOT in Over Darwen register index no. 4 (covering 6.Jul.1840 to 4.Jun.1841) and she is not in index no. 5 (4/6/1841 - 28/4/1842) UNLESS she is the one entry where the parents registered the birth before deciding upon a name. I estimate that this would have been towards the end of 1841 so it's probably too late for Deborah. She must have been born before 6/7/1840 therefore.

I'm only transcribing the surname index and don't have access to the records themselves.

Cheers,

Glenn Taylor

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Glenn, 

Thank you for having a look for me I suppose it is possible she was born earlier, some day she will turn up I never give up hope. 

Cheers   Matty
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland

"So near and yet so far"

Offline Glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 April 05 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Matty,

Brill news!

I've just been going through the baptisms for Holy Trinity Darwen (now St Peters) and I've found her!

no.733, 15/May/1838, Deborah, dau. of Roger & Ann Taylor of Pickup Bank

Yee ha!

Also listed were:

no.369, 27/Jul/1834, George, son
no.198, 30/Dec/1832, Rachel, daughter

Roger is listed as a weaver in all three cases. I've only got to the end of 1839 so there may be some more to come.

Cheers,

Glenn

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 April 05 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen, 
How can I thank you for this? IT'S brilliant ;D ;D ;D I have searched for years for Deborah and recently got two more of her daughter's births - just one of her sons left - and that's my husbands Grandfather William McNutt 1877 I think (Deborah married William McNutt from Ireland).

Now one remaining question do I send to Southport for these Births and if so will the dates that you have given me be enough information for them to find the birth?

Once again thankyou for your trouble and hope to hear more  if you find any.

Have a nice weekend  - Cheers Matty ;D ;D
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland

"So near and yet so far"

Offline Glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 April 05 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Matty,

Glad to be of help.

---
Now one remaining question do I send to Southport for these Births and if so will the dates that you have given me be enough information for them to find the birth?
---

Don't bother with Southport. Send your request to the local Registry Office in Blackburn (Jubilee St, Blackburn, BB1 1EP), make a cheque payable to "Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council" (£7 is it?) and ask them for the birth cert. of Deborah Taylor, born 1838, parents Roger & Ann Taylor. Blackburn are VERY good at fielding requests like "Thomas Fish, born 1842, father James".

In any case, irrespective of the surnames that I've been looking for I've noticed hardly any Deborahs (of any surname) in passing. This is unusual, to my mind, as it is an Old Testament name and these were quite common at the time. This suggests that "your" Deborah [possibly mine too, for all I know] is likely to be the ONLY Deborah for the year.

Cheers,

Glenn

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 April 05 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Glenn,

Thank you for the information I have always found local register office staff very helpful, so I will send for it this weekend. 

If you think there is any possibility of " Deborah" having connections with your "Taylors" I will let you have all the information that I have on Deborah and her family, just ask.

Thanks again

Matty ;D

McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland

"So near and yet so far"