Author Topic: It'll teach me to be so smugg !!  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Steven1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
It'll teach me to be so smugg !!
« on: Friday 08 April 05 15:38 BST (UK) »
My G G G Grandfather Benjamin Clives was married in 1869.I have him on the 1871 census with his new wife,but so far he and his family has eluded me in the 1861 census.The purpose of looking for them in 1861,was to discover who my G G G G Grandfather was (Benjamin's Father).

Rather than put a Census look up appeal on here,i decided to try something else.

Using the Commoness of certain Christian Names in this branch of the family.Plus the area they lived in up till the 1920's (Duddeston & Aston in Birmingham) as a starting point.,I started to plough my way through the 1871 census.I came up with 6 families that could have been Benjamin's parents (or so i thought).I eventually narrowed it down to 1,Joseph !!.

I was so certain of this i had a little wager with my father and promptly odered Benjamins wedding certificate from the GRO,as that would have his farthers name on it.I sat smuggly at home waiting for it to arrive.

When it did arrive, i ripped open the envelope to see who Benjamins father was.His father was.............also called Benjamin.B*****,my own father must have heard me swear 40miles away in Birmingham.

WHY didn't i just order the wedding certificate in the first place ??.

Stephen :-\
Surnames that I am intersted in are:- Siddons, Coulson, Clives, White, Cullin, Peers, Swingler, Lambeth, Quibell, Greenway, Beaman, Durrie, and Gibbs, all of Aston/Duddeston/Hockley in Birmingham,Warwickshire and Inskeep of Shrewsbury Shropshire and Birimingham