Author Topic: William Beeby  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Kiwiphill

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Beeby
« on: Wednesday 13 October 10 14:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace William Beeby  born around 1770s. Was a Clerk
Was married and first wife died ? He remarred to Mary E Mather in 1813
at St Marylebone
1815 had a son named Charles Beeby
Can anyone throw some light on it

Phil

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Beeby
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil

Welcome to Rootschat

You have posted your request on the London and Middlesex Resources page. I will move your post to the main London board where it will be seen and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Regards

Valda
co-London and Middlesex moderator
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Beeby
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 19:20 BST (UK) »
Phil, welcome to Rootschat

I started looking to see if there were any clues in the marriage in 1813, and there do seem to be:
St George, Bloomsbury, Middlesex
03 July 1813
William Beeby, Widower,  married Mary Elizabeth Mather.
Mary was a Widow, and her own parish was St Marylebone.
Witnesses look like Thomas Beeby, and a Mr or Mrs Garvie (no title, just two initials I can't read).
Presuming Mary married as Mrs Mather, then her own maiden name would have been something else.
I know that doesn't answer your question, but hope it's a start

[Added]
There is another marriage for William Beeby on 17 June 1806 in St Pancras Parish Church, Camden.   He was a Bachelor.
The bride was Mary Arnold.   William Beeby signed, Mary made her mark.
There is a burial for Beeby in January 1806 at the same church (St Pancras).  'W' for woman, no further information apart from the address of Duke's Row.    Could possibly have been his first wife but absolutely no proof that it was.   

Earlier record also shows Banns on Marriage published for a William Beeby, this time a Widower, at St Saviours, Southwark, in November 1803.  The bride was Elizabeth Frome.

These are possibilities but no more.    Either might be an earlier marriage for your William, but equally they could both be for someone else of the same name.    Do you have any other information that led you to think he had married before?  Any clues that might help identify which marriage is which (if either?)
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland