Author Topic: Faulkner family Donegal to California  (Read 1844 times)

Offline travelkfi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Faulkner family Donegal to California
« on: Thursday 14 October 10 03:22 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information about the family and ancestors of James L. Faulkner (born 1833 in Donegal, died 31 May 1910, maybe in California).  His parents were William Faulkner and Mary McGonigle.

James Faulkner married Elizabeth Mulligan (b. 1838 in Ireland, died 24 Fed 1898 in California).

One of their sons was William Bernard Faulkner (b. July 1866, died 6 April 1931 in Stockton).  He married Catherine McLaughlin (b. 22 Nov. 1870, Greenock, Scotland, died 2 Dec 1958 in Stockton, CA).  They had a number of children , three who became doctors.  One of their sons was James Lawrence Faulkner (b. 21 Nov. 1895 in San Francisco, Ca, died 24 Oct 1962) who married Helen Corrine Everitt (b. 11 Dec 1904, died 27 Dec 1989).  They lived in Red Bluff, CA, where James Faulkner was town doctor.

Any information or connection to the family, please let me know so we can share information.  My email (*).
Thanks, Ken

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline JWFIII

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Faulkner family Donegal to California
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 22 22:12 GMT (UK) »
I'm a Faulkner from a small farm community near Ballyliffin. We also have some McGonigles from the same area in our family. My great grandfather came over around 1870 and settled in Joliet, Illinois. He was James William Faulkner I; I'm JWFIII. I have my DNA posted at Ancestry.com and MyHeritage.  Check it out. I believe his father was John Faulkner and his mother was Hannah McLaughlin. Jim Faulkner