Author Topic: m.i.all saints hurworth  (Read 3342 times)

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
m.i.all saints hurworth
« on: Saturday 16 October 10 18:47 BST (UK) »
 hi all does anyone have the m.i.s for all saints church hurworth. I am looking for Jane Eden died 4-7 -1852
brian
drummond,mordey,atcheson,eden,havelock,hudson

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: m.i.all saints hurworth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 October 10 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian,

I have MIs for All Saints, Hurworth but there is no inscription for Jane.

There are a few EDENs

In memory of Thomas EDEN 6 Apr 1895 aged 72 and Mary his wife died 20 Sep 1918 aged 84 'At Rest'

In loving memory of a dear husband and father Alfred Roland EDEN entered into rest 23 Mar 1965

Pte T EDEN on the 1914-1919 War Memorial

The above Thomas EDEN is also on a monument erected by Hurworth Temperance Society - Thomas Eden born Oct 24 1824 died Aug 6 1895.  The death was registered in Jun Quarter 1895 so presumably the other date is correct.

Cheers

Nannawilk

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:12 BST (UK) »
thanks nannawilk. The Thomas Eden you mention is my g.g.g.grandfather,Jane Eden my g.g.g.grandmother died in 1852,and Thomas remarried Mary Ann Mills.I have been to hurworth all saints church and took a photo of thomas and mary's gravestone but was unable to find a grave for jane eden,her death is on the all saints parish records.so i assumed she was burried there and the grave overgrown or damaged. There is no birth certificate for my g.g.grandfather james eden born in london in 1846 and was later in croft living with thomas's parents.all i know was his parents were thomas and jane eden,and was hoping there might have been a mention of her children james and mary ann on the M.I.
I will have to go back and look at the monument which includes Thomas's name as i never new about that. thanks for your info
regards brian

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 October 10 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian,

According to the NBI Jane is buried in Hurworth All Saints.  The lack of an inscription indicates either no headstone or it was illegible for whatever reason. Isn't that just typical!!

Have you seen the inscriptions from Croft for the Thomas' parents and siblings? I can let you have the details if you need them..

Cheers

Nannawilk

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 October 10 08:04 BST (UK) »
good morning nannawilk.   Yes i would love to have the M.I.s of the Edens from Croft (the 1851 or 1861 census states james's father is robert which i have come to think this is a miscribed translation as i can not find any evidence of this)
regards brian

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 October 10 08:37 BST (UK) »
Morning Brian,

These are the EDENs from Croft MIs.  Looks like they were quite worn as some dates are illegible.

Erected in memory of John son of James and Jane EDEN who departed this life Mar 31 1825 aged 13 years. Also Ann daughter of the above who departed this life Jun 10 1836 aged 6 yrs. Also Mary daughter of the above who departed this life Dec 27 1841 aged 2(8?) yrs. Also the above James EDEN who departed this life Ju... 1858 aged 7(?) yrs. Also Jane EDEN wife of the above who died Jul 25 1867 aged 7(?) yrs.

In loving memory of James EDEN of Croft who died 13 Mar 1894 aged 77 yrs. Also of Robert EDEN brother of the above who died 25 Jan 1897 aged 79 yrs.

Cheers Nannawilk

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 October 10 09:54 BST (UK) »
thanks for the croft M.I.s. From the 1851 and 1861 census i had James and Jane with 7 children you have just added 3 more to the family for me. thankyou very much.Ishould have realised that there may have been oyther children befor the birth of James in 1817 as James and Jane were married in 1811.I have seen the grave of James and Robert but i must have missed the family grave
Have you any idea where  the Temperence monument  is erected so i could have a look.
regards brian

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 October 10 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian,

I'm afraid don't know where the monument is, though it must be in the churchyard.  It had 26 names on it when the inscriptions were recorded so I suppose it must be fairly big.

Cheers

Nannawilk

Offline filletofish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 February 12 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,
I've just joined so I'm not sure how this works...?
Anyway, I have a small bible with the inscription inside 'presented to Jane Eden from her affectionate brother Thomas - 1866 Newcastle On Tyne.
Anything to do with you?
Regards