Author Topic: Marriage lookup - Plunkett - Foxton  (Read 4334 times)

Offline lilmerricks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup - Plunkett - Foxton
« on: Sunday 17 October 10 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hi I wondered if anyone could help.  I'm looking at a family tree for a friend.  Her father was Joshua Henry Plunkett b 1944 Newtown, Carlow, his birth record shows his mother as Annie Foxton.  I managed to find out that they had 11 children between 1928 and 1949.  I an unable to find the marriage record.  I wondered if someone could help me with this.

Thanks very much!

Offline lilmerricks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup - Plunkett - Foxton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 October 10 14:41 BST (UK) »
I forgot to add his father is John Plunkett

Thanks  :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 October 10 15:08 BST (UK) »
found a possible marriage cross-match on the BMD Index in the adjacent county (Wexford) :

Name: Annie Maria Foxton
 Registration District: Gorey
 Event Type: Marriage
 Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1925
 volume : 2 / page : 453

Name: John Plunkett
 [same index details]

see the topic Introduction to Irish Records for details on searching the BMD Index, ordering certs, details included on them etc

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lilmerricks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, I had no idea where to start on the Irish records and the ones that I could find had no spouse name so I was struggling with it.  I should think it is the right one, the year is about right as is the area and the names. 

Thanks again

Elizabeth

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:33 BST (UK) »
To find a possible marriage on the index you have to search for the two names separately and look for the reference details cross matching - the year/quarter, registration district, volume and page numbers. If these match for two names, then  it means they both appear on the same page of the register and could therefore have married each other. Each register page usually contains 2 or four marriages, so there can be false cross matches for more common names... but that is not very likely in this case as you already have both full names.

I've found the best way to do this is to first search for the less common name -  Foxton in this case.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests