Author Topic: Victorian death registration for Bridget QUIGLEY  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Boston Jack

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian death registration for Bridget QUIGLEY
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 June 20 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Gerry. Elizabeth (Bridget) Quigley is according to Ancestry.com my 3rd great grandmother.  Her daughter, Honorah is my 2nd gr grandmother (1833-1904) and married Dennis Collins and came to Chicago. Like her mother, she was born in Youghalarra parish, Co Tipperary, Ireland. My mother was a Collins.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian death registration for Bridget QUIGLEY
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 June 20 00:27 BST (UK) »

Hi Boston Jack,

Thanks for the message and details that Honora had married Dennis Collins, I haven't as yet followed up on the Hayes children who migrated to the US I have concentrated on those that came to Victoria, but I will get onto the US connections soon I hope.

Nice to see that your 2nd GGM was also Bridget Quigley.  I have been researching the Victorian connections for a little while now and I do have a copy of the Death Certificate for Bridget (11th Oct 1877 at Stawell in Victoria) and the informant whom was her son, Edward Hayes also of Stawell lists Honora, 40 years as one of the living children.

My Hayes connection is through Catherine who had married Adam Edward Young  but sadly she died at a young age in 1870 leaving Adam and two children, Adam was a blacksmith at Smythesdale in Victoria and had been born at Coldsteam in Scotland.

If you need any information about Honora's sibling in Victoria I might be able to help out.

Once again, thanks for the contact.

Gerry