Author Topic: David Gordon HAMILTON  (Read 5848 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: David Gordon HAMILTON
« Reply #27 on: Friday 19 January 24 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Ah, Now I see  where you fit in.

It is usually fine to discuss our ancestors by name.
The major rule is no living people by name.

If your gran is still living, you can just delete her name using the Modify button at the top corner of the relevant post. Then press Save

Yes, good to have found Ronald.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 20 January 24 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

A few more bits for you.

Ronald joined the RAAF in WW2 and his NOK was Roma .

It will be worthwhile you reading this record.  Use the method previously suggested.

In the record you will learn his children’s names and a good deal of other helpful information, including that he was schooled at the Subiaco State Sch.  So probably so was sister Cecilia. And there are a couple of photos of him.

Marriage
Croninburg, Roma A (Ashielia)
Hanson, Ronald G V
Perth. 1936/ 38

In 1945 he divorced Roma. She later remarried.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/95615096

And he  remarried in 1946.

Menghini Irene C (Catherine/Catherina)
Hanson, Ronald G V
Perth 1946/1194

She died in 1972 and is interred at Karrakatta.

In the RAAF file there are letters about his medals written in 1995 from another woman who is his widow.
He died in 1985 and is interred at Karrakatta

As David and Cecilia Hamilton were in Melbourne and if no parental information was known about Cecilia’s parents at the time of  the death registration and the coroners inquiry, one assumes that  someone finally found their marriage certificate or some such so that her WA  family could be informed of her death. I would have thought David Gordon's parents would know her background.

Florence the mother died. and was interred Karrakatta.
GOVER
Florence Eleanor
84 Years   1971   MOUNT HENRY

At the time of the car accident, Cecilia's parents were in their 70's and therefore not really able to take in young children. 

As you will know the names of your grandmother's siblings, have you tried to trace them?

Sue

Offline Ctucci

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 January 24 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue!

I have located David and Cecilia’s marriage certificate on the WA BDM and will try and get a copy of that.

As far the the death certificate I’m not sure what type of information they would have for Cecilia.

Thanks for the information on Ronald! I will check out that record!

I have their names, and I know one of her sisters personally as my gran and her kept in touch, one of the brothers I know of has passed but Ihave some information on his children and can get in touch with them, however I know Cecilia was a mystery to them too!

There were twin sisters and they were adopted so wouldn’t really know where to start with tracking them down and if they would even want to be tracked down…

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 January 24 05:48 GMT (UK) »
If any of the siblings of the twin sisters are still alive, they may be able to find them. Do a Google search of adoption resource centres in Victoria and see if they are able to assist. Governments now recognise the importance of people affected by adoption knowing their histories.

Post edited to add this link
https://www.vic.gov.au/past-adoption

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 21 January 24 06:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue!

I have located David and Cecilia’s marriage certificate on the WA BDM and will try and get a copy of that.

As far the the death certificate I’m not sure what type of information they would have for Cecilia.

The Death Certificate will possibly not hold much more information than we currently have, but is a valuable part of your research none the less. As her parental info is not on the index, it won't be on the DC.
From the Vic BMD website, it can be downloaded immediately after payment, Search then click order image.

Just letting you know also that the third wife of the children's (half ???) Uncle Ronald George Hanson
was Marjorie Florence and she died aged 100 in 2017, They were together under the surname Hanson from at least 1977 according to the WA  E.Rolls.
https://portal.mcb.wa.gov.au/name-search/ns-detail/?id=3243f3d8-ec1c-ec11-b6e7-00224814cbf0

It would be a very wonderful if the adopted twins could be located through the channels suggested above. ;D

But as you say, might be a sensitive matter and contact is not always welcome.

Sue