Author Topic: Parish of Magheracross - Henderson/Chittick  (Read 4162 times)

Offline DeanNH

• RootsChat Member
  • W. Davidson 1922 Arrived Ellis Island from Belfast
    • View Profile
Parish of Magheracross - Henderson/Chittick
« on: Saturday 09 April 05 13:43 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on George Henderson who was the son of Robert married 13 February 1850 Mary Jane Chittick daughter of James Chittick, both had previously been married.  Would like to find who they were previously married to and if any children were born to those marriages. 
Davidson - Belfast<br />Jackson - Belfast and Tartaraghan, Armagh<br />Henderson - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />Chittick - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />McCabe - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland<br />McQuaide/McQuade - Belfast<br />Whaley - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Parish of Magheracross - Henderson/Chittick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 April 05 04:12 BST (UK) »

Griffiths Valuation - Fermanagh 1862  (head of household only)
http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/fermanagh/magheracross.htm

It might be worthwhile considering one of these two as George's previous wife  -
Alice Henderson, Currin, Magheracross
Isabella Henderson, Ballinamallard, Magheracross

Offline DeanNH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 05 00:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you Christopher, but George and Mary Jane were widowed at the time of their marriage according to the marriage certificate.
Davidson - Belfast<br />Jackson - Belfast and Tartaraghan, Armagh<br />Henderson - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />Chittick - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />McCabe - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland<br />McQuaide/McQuade - Belfast<br />Whaley - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland

Offline DeanNH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 April 05 01:59 BST (UK) »
If anyone has access to the parish records for Magheracross could they look for a marriage between
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]George Henderson [/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]and Catherine Beatty or Beattie I am guessing it would be around 1820 to 1830.  I am looking for their parents names and the town they are from - actually any information available.  Appreciate any help given.  I believe Catherine Beatty is the first wife of George Henderson the son of Robert Henderson.  I did find the death of Robert Henderson in 1873 in Victoria Australia, born in Fermanagh Ireland the son of George and Catherine Beatty Henderson.  My George who was a widow in 1850 and married 2nd Mary Jane Chittick (also widowed) was from Ballinamallard.  Again Thank You in Advance