Author Topic: Jones - Eliza BIRTH  (Read 4164 times)

Offline jqaswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jones - Eliza BIRTH
« on: Saturday 09 April 05 16:57 BST (UK) »
Searching for birth of Eliza Jones born in Llandovery, Carmarthen.  Her father's name was Timothy Jones (Deceased in 1868 - day of her wedding to Frederic Woolley) Timothy was a Labourer.  She was 19 in Nov 1868 - Servant living at Llanwchaiarn, Newtown.
Woolley - Newtown; Hibbott - Newtown & Chicago; Harris - Newtown; Jones - Llandovery; Evans - Carno; Willmore - Lancashire; Thomas - Trefeglwys

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jones - Eliza BIRTH
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 06 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jqaswell

Are you still seeking this information?

The full BMD indexes are currently free to search here:

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=8964

Have you found the family on the earlier censuses?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 April 06 21:32 BST (UK) »
Golly are we still looking?

You wouldn't believe how common the names of Eliza and Timothy are in that area!! We'renot entirely sure if she was born in Llandovery or just that general area - and there just a few too many Joneses to take a risk on a birth certificate...

Always ready to receive ideas........

RuthieB (who also shares Eliza as a gg grandmother...)
Jones, Mantle; Radnorshire
Russell, Stonehouse, Agar; Yorkshire/Durham
Brown, Fair; Durham,  
Little, Cumberland
Morris, Woolley, Owens; Montgomeryshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jqaswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 April 06 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth Have you had any luck yet?  I have found a listing of an Elizabeth Jones, but don't know how to get birth certificate.  Hope all is well with you.
Julie
Woolley - Newtown; Hibbott - Newtown & Chicago; Harris - Newtown; Jones - Llandovery; Evans - Carno; Willmore - Lancashire; Thomas - Trefeglwys

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 08:52 BST (UK) »
HI Julie,

All is well here, but I'm having better luck with my Mum's Browns than Dad's Joneses!!

If you let me have the details of the birth certificate, I'll order it from the GRO - we can always have a go - might just be the right one!

Cheers, Ruth
Brown, Fair; Durham,  
Little, Cumberland

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 10:28 BST (UK) »
I have the index for Carms 1851 there are only 12 Timothy Jones and not any of them are in Llandovery but some are living in the area .3 of them are over 55 and are not labourers and do not have a daughter Eliza b-1849.One age 36 is a Farmer no daughter Eliza.Then there are 4 unmarried age 17/18/23/24.And the rest are children.Are you sure of Elizas year of birth ?Could she have been born after 1851?Have you tried sending for her birth certficate you have her fathers name Timothy is not that common.Worth a shot anyway.Have you found her on all the later censuses let me know what is her age and place of birth on them are they all the same ?.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 12:02 BST (UK) »
I'm pretty sure we only have her on censuses from 1871 onwards when she is married to Frederick Woolley.

Thanks for that detective work!! We've only got evidence of age from the marriage certificate and the census. I'm sure all the censuses say Llandovery Carms, and we know she was a Welsh speaker.  Haven't found them in 1861, and are not sure if they were still in Llandovery then or had moved to Newtown. I do have Ancestry so will have another look myself when time allows and see if I can find them. It's just that there are so many Joneses...

Just waiting for Julie's certificate details and we'll see if it's the right one.

Cheers, and many thanks again, you've really narrowed down the 1851 possibles for us,
RuthieBx
Brown, Fair; Durham,  
Little, Cumberland

Offline jqaswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 15:38 BST (UK) »
I have a death of a Timothy Jones, Llandovery 1852 December 11a 315.  I'm sure I found in 1861 census Eliza Jones working as a servant in Llanllwchaiarn, can't find my note though.
Julie

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 16:17 BST (UK) »
Had a look found her in later censuses in 1881 birthdate 1851 in 1891 and 1901 birthdate 1852.Theres a possible birth iv found  in Qtr April 1852 Eliza Jones in Llandovery .This would also explain why we cant find her in 1851 census she wasnt born.Worth checking the birth cert out see if its right one as I said before Timothy isnt that common a name so you might hit lucky.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock