Author Topic: 1841/51 census MARTHA LAWRENSON  (Read 938 times)

Offline mintymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841/51 census MARTHA LAWRENSON
« on: Saturday 09 April 05 16:59 BST (UK) »
Would anyone please be able to help trace
MARTHA LAWRENSON in the 1841/51 census.  She was born in 1781, so would have been aged 60/70.  She was also a spinster. 

Any extra info anyone has about birth parents and who she was living with in the census would be a bonus.

Many thanks   :D

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 census MARTHA LAWRENSON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 April 05 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi
    You don't say where she was born ? or where and when she died ?
Was Lawrenson a maiden or married name ?

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline mintymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 15:57 BST (UK) »
Dear Peter

Thanks for contacting me.  The truth is I am trying to find out the connection between this lady and my family.  I first found a mention found her in my gg grandfathers will, William Blower (b 1799 chester, cheshire d 1861 chester castle), as one of his children a Martha Lawrenson Blower b 1833 Kelsall d 1888 was left no money in his will due to having being left money in a previous will.  On looking at Margaret Blowers will (wife of William Blower) born Margaret Briscoe 1800 Kelsall d 1869 Chester castle (i cannot trace her parents) Martha Lawrenson was mentioned again as Martha Lawrenson Blower's late Aunt and Godmother.  I would like to know where the connection is on the Blowers side or Briscoe as Aunt.  The will describes her as a spinster. 

She died in 1848 in Chester, G Boughton Lawrenson Martha vol 19 pg 47 (sorry made a mistake asking you to trace her in 51)

Any help or advice is truly appreciated.

Mintymin :)

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
   It will be difficult to find a connection without the BMD parish records, its one of them requests that only someone who has spent time researching the family at the records office may be able to answer.
   Have you had a look at the will of Martha c1848, there is one indexed.
   Also if you have the death certificate you will have an informants name and possibly an address. I could look up an address in the 1841 for you.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline mintymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 11:43 BST (UK) »
Dear Peter

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I will go ahead today to order both Martha's death cert and will in the hope that it may give me the connection.  If you could look up an address in the 41 census I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help and time again

Mintymin  :)

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

Also if you have the death certificate you will have an informants name and possibly an address. I could look up an address in the 1841 for you.

I proberbly didn't make the above sentence clear, in order to search the 1841 census I would need an address from you, was hoping the death certificate would have enough of an address to enable me to search.

peterbennett

Offline mintymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 April 05 10:50 BST (UK) »
Dear Peter

Thanks for clarifying last msg.  I will contact you as soon as I receive the necessary documents.

Thanks again

Min  :)