Author Topic: "Original" Irishtown CoI Registers  (Read 3212 times)

Offline SueK50

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Original" Irishtown CoI Registers
« on: Wednesday 27 October 10 20:25 BST (UK) »
Can someone with more experience of Irish research than me advise who I should contact to try to have a check made of an "original" 1836 baptism record from St Matthew's CoI church in Irishtown

I have a transcription from the irishgenealogy.ie site that is tantalisingly close to my major "brickwall" from Ireland - he has an unusual middle name - as does this transcription and I've love to have the original checked to see if it is possible for it to be something slightly different to what has been transcribed

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers
Sue
Hunter Valley NSW Australia

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: "Original" Irishtown CoI Registers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
many of the Church of Ireland records on the IrishGenealogy website allow you to view the register image... so hopefully this feature will be added to the St. Matthews records at some stage. (the records for St. Matthews show the notation 'The church register page containing this record has not yet been imaged')

The record originals (or microfilms) should be available in the Representative Church Body Library in Rathfarnham in Dublin. Their recent handlist of records show that they have details of baptisms back to 1812 and marriages from 1824 for Irishtown parish.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline SueK50

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Original" Irishtown CoI Registers
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 10 03:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane - I've sent them an email and I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Cheers
Sue