Author Topic: Ginnell  (Read 5462 times)

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
Re: Ginnell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 October 10 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi anitakate,

I forgot to mention automatedgenealogy site that has the 1901, 1911 Federal, and 1916 western provinces census transcriptions databases on it. The web addy is: www.automatedgenealogy.com. You can search for the ancestors on the searchable databases found on this site.

Again, hope this helps,

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 October 10 18:15 GMT (UK) »
The Ginell family from Westmeath still exist in Mullingar. The best known Is Laurence Ginnell (1854 – 17 April 1923) was an Irish nationalist politician, lawyer and Member of Parliament (MP) of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland as member of the Irish Parliamentary Party for Westmeath North at the 1906 UK general election, from 1910 he sat as an Independent Nationalist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Ginnell

Never came across that surname anywhere else in Ireland, myself.
PM

Offline anitakate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 November 10 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hours of fun to look forward to on the links JDC, thank you!
I believe all the Ginnells hailed from Westmeath Pastmagic.  My own branch came from the North of the county.  Havent quite figured out how Laurence was related though I think his father and my ggggrand father were brothers or cousins.  Will hopefully figure it out one day! 
Farnan, Ginnell, Macken, Monaghan, Murphy, Murray

Offline OldBore

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 January 11 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi anitakate, I think the John Ginnell you were looking for was my Uncle Jack, my mother's brother.  Like you, I have been trying to pin down the relationship if any between their father, James Ginnell,  and Laurence ('Fighting Larry') Ginnell, the MP.  I have been told they were cousins but have no proof, so if you ever find any I'd be grateful if you could let me know.