Author Topic: help re John Mullen dungannon  (Read 6378 times)

Offline MamaFador

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help re John Mullen dungannon
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 March 21 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,
  I would love to gain some valuable insight as it seems you have all gotten much further in your research than I have. I just made a post on another forum but I am hoping to get information on the McGilton family which is my husband's family. We are celebrating out 16th wedding anniversary next week and my gift to him is all the research I have done on his family ancestry and the beautiful treasures I have discovered along the way.

Any help in connecting dots or further information would be WONDERFUL! Also answers to the following questions--is the McGilton family originally from Scotland? Were my hubby's family members the McGilton's who operated the Ballycopeland Windmill?

Here is the information I have found thus far:

My husband's grandfather was Kenneth McGilton (first to be born here in the United States).
His parents were:
Joseph T. McGilton b. May 1887 in Co. Dublin and Agnes McGilton (maiden name Kilduff) b. Co. Dublin
Joseph's parents were:
James McGilton b. 1865 in Co. Dublin and he married Ellen M. McGilton (maiden name Roche) on June 29, 1886 @ St. Mary's Pro Cathedral. She was b. 1867 (I found a note somewhere she was possibly born at 17 Anne Street in Dublin)
James' parents were:
Joseph McGilton b. 1840 Co. Dublin and he married Alice McGilton (maiden name Moore) b. 1846 in Co. Dublin

Can anyone help me further, based on the above information?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 March 21 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,
  I would love to gain some valuable insight as it seems you have all gotten much further in your research than I have. I just made a post on another forum but I am hoping to get information on the McGilton family which is my husband's family. We are celebrating out 16th wedding anniversary next week and my gift to him is all the research I have done on his family ancestry and the beautiful treasures I have discovered along the way.

Any help in connecting dots or further information would be WONDERFUL! Also answers to the following questions--is the McGilton family originally from Scotland? Were my hubby's family members the McGilton's who operated the Ballycopeland Windmill?

Here is the information I have found thus far:

My husband's grandfather was Kenneth McGilton (first to be born here in the United States).
His parents were:
Joseph T. McGilton b. May 1887 in Co. Dublin and Agnes McGilton (maiden name Kilduff) b. Co. Dublin
Joseph's parents were:
James McGilton b. 1865 in Co. Dublin and he married Ellen M. McGilton (maiden name Roche) on June 29, 1886 @ St. Mary's Pro Cathedral. She was b. 1867 (I found a note somewhere she was possibly born at 17 Anne Street in Dublin)
James' parents were:
Joseph McGilton b. 1840 Co. Dublin and he married Alice McGilton (maiden name Moore) b. 1846 in Co. Dublin

Can anyone help me further, based on the above information?

I've just posted a reply on your new topic on Dublin board.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=846188.msg7131974
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Debbiepa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 January 23 04:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am researching the McGiltons from ballycopeland