Author Topic: SIMPSON, Knaresborough confusion  (Read 3351 times)

Offline aarpee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SIMPSON, Knaresborough confusion
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 November 10 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Evie

Thanks once again for your feedback I think the 1841 census is my lot, but no senior Simpson there. I cannot make the James Simpson from the certif fit into that household as the wedding was 1847and there is no deceased annotation under father.
I only have Jane's first Marr cert residence at time of marriage is Burley (which is the only place written in the residence block) definately the home of Jacob Anderson. The witnesses are Thomas Barwick and a William Daphus after more searching I found Joseph Kitchen born 1835 Pateley bridge. Their father is a Richard Kitchen.

From Wharfegen: Harriet Simpson bn 1830 Knaresboro living 1871 in Bradley (This looks suspiciously like Braidley!!)nr Keighley marr 1852 to Micheal Gill
I also found a James Simpson married to a Harriot and a James Simpson 1789 marr to Ann Gill in Pateley Bridge in 1817
Interestingly both James Simpson (20 in 1841) and Joseph Kitchen in 1881 were living very close to were Ann Elizabeth my original query lived. Could this also be a clue. was she visiting when she met William Proctor .

rgds
Jon
Proctor/Rawdon Idle, Moore/Aldwinkle, Whittingham/Draughton, Lund/Carlton Simpson/Knaresborough, Mawson/Idle Ramsden/Shipley
Dachtler/London, Moult/Hazel Grove, Mottershead/Poynton, Green, Byrne and Haynes/London